The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

7/18/23
8e79e679cb589f6790373bc878a820ba65ffe835

Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life

I’m also one of those that haven’t listened to his in its entirety before. Enjoyed it a lot, but I could do without the noodley jazz-stuff like Contusion. 4 stars!

I am gonna guess…

Talking Book
Innervision
Fullfillingness’ First Finale
Songs In The Key Of Life

Then either Music Of My Mind or Hotter Than July for the fifth spot? Where I’m Coming From is a possibility too since that whole run was pretty much fire.

Music of my Mind. In some ways Hotter Than July may be a little more accomplished and have more obvious singles but Music of My Mind is just such a wonderful example of a precocious artist begining to realise their potential and it’s just brimming with promise and creativity.

I am gonna guess…

Talking Book
Innervision
Fullfillingness’ First Finale
Songs In The Key Of Life

Then either Music Of My Mind or Hotter Than July for the fifth spot? Where I’m Coming From is a possibility too since that whole run was pretty much fire.
I think Songs... is still a 4 for me. I'm in the middle of listening to it right now. There are some great songs, and some I don't care for ("Contusion" being one), and it's way too long. I much prefer Talking Book and Innervisions.

I think Songs... is still a 4 for me. I'm in the middle of listening to it right now. There are some great songs, and some I don't care for ("Contusion" being one), and it's way too long. I much prefer Talking Book and Innervisions.
Talking Book is my favorite but 2 through 7 my ranking would probably be dependent on how I was feeling in the moment.

Talking Book is my favorite but 2 through 7 my ranking would probably be dependent on how I was feeling in the moment.

Innervisions is probably my favourite and Talking Book is a very very close second. 3 to 5 is pretty fluid and dependent on mood. All 5 of those and a couple more are just wonderful though.

Back