The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Man… not to sound like the stereotypical old man (which I pretty much am), but they really don’t make them like this any more. It is definitely 80’s but also timeless. It is infectious and always makes me smile stupid huge, even though some of the songs are kind of heavy.

I didn’t really know what to expect but this was surprisingly good! I know my sister listened to this when I was a kid and had Boy George posters on her wall, but I only remember the hits.
Some songs have a pretty heavy theme (”That’s the Way”…wow!) but are delivered with such a light touch it still feels like the musical equivalent of sunshine.
Will definitly listen more to this!
4 stars!

7/19/23
98c282b9e8b1779f4808e5cc2d563ecdb3db80f4

Culture Club - Colour By Numbers

That's a 5/5 80's album cover right there. Never listened to this one before so it will be an interesting listen I'm sure.

Could be a single record and still need to use some filler.

The 4 songs I do like are spectacularly good, so that just about makes up for the frankly ridiculous 105 minute runtime.

3 / 5 stars.

I gave it a 4 but I was leaning towards a 3. Too many long songs and could definitely use some editing.

Not my thing at all. I don’t have very many fond memories of any of this at all and have no interest in revisiting it. Seeing as people seem to like it I’ll leave rating it alone.

Not my thing at all. I don’t have very many fond memories of any of this at all and have no interest in revisiting it. Seeing as people seem to like it I’ll leave rating it alone.
Were you even born in 1983?

Definitely of its time. Karma Chameleon was inescapable that year. A lot of the big albums between 1982 and 1984 feel like weapon’s grade pop. Though I heard the hits a gazillion times, I have never listened to the album as a whole.

Was not my thing then or now but I am quite surprised how cohesive the album is, especially coming off their explosion into pop culture the year prior with “Do You Want to Hurt Me?”

I am a snob but appreciate it’s merits - 3/5

Were you even born in 1983?

Definitely of its time. Karma Chameleon was inescapable that year. A lot of the big albums between 1982 and 1984 feel like weapon’s grade pop. Though I heard the hits a gazillion times, I have never listened to the album as a whole.

Was not my thing then or now but I am quite surprised how cohesive the album is, especially coming off their explosion into pop culture the year prior with “Do You Want to Hurt Me?”

I am a snob but appreciate it’s merits - 3/5

I was born in 1983 but it was still pretty ubiquitous in britain well into the 90s and probably still is now.

Back