The NBA Thread

We apologize for our fellow Canadians who can afford $10,000 seats; that doesn't reflect most of us.
I know, it happens everywhere, one of the worse things about sports fans. to some of their credit, people were better behaved when he was helped off the court. I get why you might be happy a great player for the opposing team can't play but I have always hated people cheering an injury

I know, it happens everywhere, one of the worse things about sports fans. to some of their credit, people were better behaved when he was helped off the court. I get why you might be happy a great player for the opposing team can't play but I have always hated people cheering an injury
They arent cheering an injury, they are cheering that their teams chances just got better. I've never been a fan of the whole "how dare the fans" storylines when all they do is boo or cheer.

They arent cheering an injury, they are cheering that their teams chances just got better. I've never been a fan of the whole "how dare the fans" storylines when all they do is boo or cheer.
The media response to this has been INSUFFERABLE. The fans even applauded and chanted for KD as he went to the locker room.

I hate that kind of fake piety.

are you sure, it seemed to be the injury they were cheering initially, sure intent can be hard to tell through a TV screen but Joel Embid had the same thought

are you sure, it seemed to be the injury they were cheering initially, sure intent can be hard to tell through a TV screen but Joel Embid had the same thought
No fan is cheering for someone to suffer an injury. The only thing fans care about is their team winning and yes Kevin Durant leaving the game helps that, but that doesnt mean they are cheering that hes injured. Especially when you are in the building, an initial cheer is almost 2nd nature. They chanted KD! KD! as he walked off the court.

I cheered because it was obvious that he just tweaked a non-serious injury and Kevin Durant sucks.
I've been of the mind set that its actually a serious injury all along and Golden State didnt want to let on that he was really hurt. Apparently he looked terrible in his practice the other day, and I heard from multiple sources that he probably shouldnt of played tonight but pushed it because his team needed him. If anything this gained back a little bit of the respect I lost for him when he went to Golden State.

I've been of the mind set that its actually a serious injury all along and Golden State didnt want to let on that he was really hurt. Apparently he looked terrible in his practice the other day, and I heard from multiple sources that he probably shouldnt of played tonight but pushed it because his team needed him. If anything this gained back a little bit of the respect I lost for him when he went to Golden State.
I meant it’s not like an Achilles or ACL tear.

No fan is cheering for someone to suffer an injury. The only thing fans care about is their team winning and yes Kevin Durant leaving the game helps that, but that doesnt mean they are cheering that hes injured. Especially when you are in the building, an initial cheer is almost 2nd nature. They chanted KD! KD! as he walked off the court.
And I gave them credit for the chant

Theres a decent amount of speculation out there that it was a minor Achilles injury this whole time.
I assume he is done this year, his agent was in the locker room, also didn't help he left in a boot, but yeah I kind of thought it was his achilles

Then him playing is extreme negligence.
I mean a minor tear heals within 3-6 weeks and he injured it about 5 weeks ago, so I wouldnt say extreme negligence, especially if he says hes good to go. If it was any game besides an elimination game in the finals I doubt he would of played tho.

Back