The NBA Thread

From a Raptors fan standpoint I find this whole year very strange... They are an incredibly exciting and fun team to watch and Kawhi is off the charts, putting up historic post season numbers. But I'm cheering for a starting five of which 3 out of five players weren't here last season. And while I love watching Gasol, Kawhi and Green do their thing I find it hard to have much kinsmanship with a team that 3/5s of which weren't here before this season... and a team that if Kawhi leaves will be nothing more than a fever dream come next year... we'll essentially go from a potential NBA championship to a rebuild in six months. Don't get me wrong, the moves were all amazing by Ujiri and I wouldn't have it any other way but I kinda feel like I'm cheering for mercenaries more than I am my own team. Now if Kawhi signs with us and Green and Gasol stick around that'll be a different story... I really hope THAT'S the story we have when next year starts... Well... And the championship...

From a Raptors fan standpoint I find this whole year very strange... They are an incredibly exciting and fun team to watch and Kawhi is off the charts, putting up historic post season numbers. But I'm cheering for a starting five of which 3 out of five players weren't here last season. And while I love watching Gasol, Kawhi and Green do their thing I find it hard to have much kinsmanship with a team that 3/5s of which weren't here before this season... and a team that if Kawhi leaves will be nothing more than a fever dream come next year... we'll essentially go from a potential NBA championship to a rebuild in six months. Don't get me wrong, the moves were all amazing by Ujiri and I wouldn't have it any other way but I kinda feel like I'm cheering for mercenaries more than I am my own team. Now if Kawhi signs with us and Green and Gasol stick around that'll be a different story... I really hope THAT'S the story we have when next year starts... Well... And the championship...

I think the real issue is those 3 are some of the least interesting/compelling personalities in the NBA.

King Kawhi. ❤

Hope the Raptors can win Game 5 in Toronto tomorrow.
saw a report on SC that GSW really thought KD was coming back for game four and their disappointment that he didn't affected their gameplay, I thought it was an interesting commentary but not sure I buy it completely.

saw a report on SC that GSW really thought KD was coming back for game four and their disappointment that he didn't affected their gameplay, I thought it was an interesting commentary but not sure I buy it completely.
He supposedly practiced with the team today but is “questionable” for Game 5. Not saying that coming back from a 3-1 deficient isn’t likely but it will be a uphill battle from here. If KD plays tomorrow (and onward if they win), he probably won’t be well enough to help them win 2 more after that (I hope I’m not speaking too soon though because anything is possible).

He supposedly practiced with the team today but is “questionable” for Game 5. Not saying that coming back from a 3-1 deficient isn’t likely but it will be a uphill battle from here. If KD plays tomorrow (and onward if they win), he probably won’t be well enough to help them win 2 more after that (I hope I’m not speaking too soon though because anything is possible).
well, practicing is a big improvement in his status, I put the series at even odds (I think that is the right term) if KD is 80% his normal for the rest of the series. If he plays game 5 I think the emotional boost of him playing will propel the Warriors to a win for that game maybe even if he is only 50%

I still say Raps in 5 is the most likely outcome, but it will be intriguing to see how this unfolds regardless.

Canadians are friendly until KD goes down and they cheer and wave goodbye right when he sits on the court.

Back