The NBA Thread

Patrick Beverly is detrimental to the game of basketball. His presence alone brings down a game. What a trash human being.

Edit: Go Suns
I’m stoked about the Suns. They’re my adopted Western Conference team (I have in-laws in Phoenix and went to a few of their games the last couple of seasons). I hope they win it all.

I probably come into this from a position of ignorance, but… what part of her comments was problematic?
It’s the insinuation that Maria Taylor got the job not because she was more qualified but because of her race. I don’t fault Nichols for feeling slighted, most would if they were passed over but in her frustration she suggested that the reason she was passed over was because ESPN wanted a POC for a role held by both Michelle Beadle (white) and Sage Steele (black) previously. It feeds into a common trope that the only way a white person would lose out to a POC for advancement is because of some sort of Affirmative Action. When Maria Taylor is more than qualified to host the subpar ESPN pregame.

Man, I haven’t watched a basketball game in a while but I still see flopping is a thing.
And when did they start calling a T when you run down the court if you disagree with a call?

I mainly watched to see the Bucks win.
I will say this, the fans were more excited than the players. On paper basketball is a team sport, but it’s truly a selfish sport.

Back