The NBA Thread

Last undefeated team in the league! I fucking love this team.

Blazers shot over 50% from 3, had double the FT attempts than a team that had over 60% over their points in the paint while also leading the league in post ups, and still lost. Second chance points are a huge outlier for this team.

Sorry for your loss. Are the Suns the real deal???
Had to happen sooner or later and I thought they would lose one of these 2 without Embiid.

I dont know if they are the real deal yet, but they sure are playing better than anyone expected so far. Wins against the Clippers and now Sixers are very quality wins. Even their two losses were by 1 point each against quality opponents.

NBA is handing out drug suspensions at a higher clip than I ever remember. John Collins just got popped for 25 games.

As somebody whose favorite current player is Jokic- I have no sympathy.

Speaking of Jokic- big test in the next three games for the Nuggets. Jokic's brother was arrested on serious charges right before the season started and he has entered the season out of shape (as opposed to doughy but in shape which is the norm) and checked out mentally. The team has been skating by on the improved play of Murray, but the offense has been a trainwreck because nobody bothers to guard Torrey Craig and because the team is averaging nearly 50! less passes per game this season.

Jokic fully deserved that All-NBA slot last season, but if doesn't get his shit together, the next three games (Miami, Philly, Minnesota) could prove a viral embarrassment. That said, how many bigs can make this (clutch) shot he hit against the Magic:

Last undefeated team in the league! I fucking love this team.

Sorry woob. I'm trying to be patient and reserving judgement until at least December, but this is clearly an entirely different Suns team than anyone thought. We play hard, we play like one unit, and Booker finally doesn't have to carry the entire team on his back. Coming into the year I was hoping for 30+ wins, and I'm already adjusting that. I'm trying not to think about maybe making the playoffs as an 8 seed, especially in the West, but this start is v v encouraging. We'll see where we are in December...

Sorry woob. I'm trying to be patient and reserving judgement until at least December, but this is clearly an entirely different Suns team than anyone thought. We play hard, we play like one unit, and Booker finally doesn't have to carry the entire team on his back. Coming into the year I was hoping for 30+ wins, and I'm already adjusting that. I'm trying not to think about maybe making the playoffs as an 8 seed, especially in the West, but this start is v v encouraging. We'll see where we are in December...

You guys are fun. Love Ourbe. Rooting for you when you arent playing my Nugs and catching 4th quarters on League Pass when I can.

My favorite player of all time is Nash (with a nod to Barkley, Dirk, Webber and Billups) so the Suns are close to heart. Also, I think the above sentence explains my love for Jokic as he's basically a weirdo Dirk / Nash hybrid.

Sorry woob. I'm trying to be patient and reserving judgement until at least December, this is clearly an entirely different Suns team than anyone thought.

One of my hot takes is that I think the Suns will be better than you predict. They were actually playing defense last night and looked good. Booker has to do less now on offense and Rubio was a really underrated pickup for them. They have a good coach too. I get that it's popular to shit on them (and my Knicks) but I think the Suns look improved this year if they can sustain it and coach gets Booker to buy in on both sides as he did last night. I predict that they end as a 9th or 10th seed this year.

giphy.gif

I'm not trying to be patient or reserve judgement, I'm doubling down haha

You guys are fun. Love Ourbe. Rooting for you when you arent playing my Nugs and catching 4th quarters on League Pass when I can.

My favorite player of all time is Nash (with a nod to Barkley, Dirk, Webber and Billups) so the Suns are close to heart. Also, I think the above sentence explains my love for Jokic as he's basically a weirdo Dirk / Nash hybrid.
Jokic really needs to work on his hairstyle if he truly wants to be a Dirk/Nash hybrid though.

Back