The NBA Thread

Jesus, two people were shot at the back of the square today. Insane.
Not bad really for that many people in one place. Not life threatening, 2 in custody. I bet if you compare that to other championship parades it's probably pretty good...

Not bad really for that many people in one place. Not life threatening, 2 in custody. I bet if you compare that to other championship parades it's probably pretty good...
I mean, of course it's good that more people didn't get hurt. But are shootings at championship rallies that common...? I would hope not.

I just assume you get 2 million people together in one place if someone DOESN'T get shot it's a story.

Yeah, crappy to hear of that happening at a championship rally. Matt Devlin did an expert job of stepping in on stage and keeping the crowd calm.

Also, Kawhi doing the fake mock of his own laugh was absolutely hilarious and perfect.

Sixers trade up with Boston to grab a Washington prospect. That's never gone wrong before....

Can’t believe that some of these guys are still available. Didn’t think Little would drop this far. I’d have a panic attack sitting there waiting to be drafted...

So I forgot all about this until my brother reminded me tonight watching the draft. Back in late March, we were in Disney World, and while my fam got in line for something, I walked my sleeping now-14 month old son in circles around the carousel in the Magic Kingdom. Who do I see in line for this carousel with his wife and princess-dressed daughter? Scott Van Pelt. I figure if he walks by me, I’ll ask his opinion about the NBA.

Sure enough, 20 mins or so later, SVP goes walking right by me, so I said “Hey, Scott - anyone beating the Warriors this year?” SVP: “Maybe. They’re weird this year.” Me: “I think Toronto has a shot.” SVP: <side-eye and head shake> “mm, maybe Milwaukee.”

Fast forward to now and it sure seems like I am the one who should have his own show on espn.

Alright, free agency starts Sunday 3pm. Prediction time:
- Kawhi - Clippers
- Durant - Nets
- Kyrie - Nets
- Kemba - Hornets
- Klay - Warriors
- Butler - Sixers
- D'Angelo - Lakers
- Middleton - Bucks
- Horford - Mavericks
- Tobias - Kings
- The Knicks will give a ridiculously bad contract to someone not on this list
- My Suns will address their derelict point guard need by signing... Corey Joseph, after shamefully striking out on Brogdon, Beverly, Collison, and Rubio. 😭

If I get more than a couple right it'll be a miracle... This offseason is going to be whacky.

- Kawhi - Clippers
- Durant - Nets
- Kyrie - Nets
- Kemba - Hornets
- Klay - Warriors
- Butler - Sixers
- D'Angelo - Lakers
- Middleton - Bucks
- Horford - Mavericks
- Tobias - Kings
- My Suns will address their derelict point guard need by signing... Corey Joseph, after shamefully striking out on Brogdon, Beverly, Collison, and Rubio. 😭

If I get more than a couple right it'll be a miracle... This offseason is going to be whacky.
I think I'm with all of those except D'Angelo, Horford, and Tobias. Not that I have a better guess as to where they are going, I just dont see those teams. If I was D'Angelo theres no way I'd want to go back to LA, Horford probably goes to a contender, and I really hope Tobias comes back to Philly, but I could see him leaving for a Kings type team.

Your Knicks point is my favorite part, because it's almost guaranteed to happen.

- Kawhi - Clippers
- Durant - Nets
- Kyrie - Nets
- Kemba - Hornets
- Klay - Warriors
- Butler - Sixers
- D'Angelo - Lakers
- Middleton - Bucks
- Horford - Mavericks
- Tobias - Kings

As a Knicks fan, I am used to hearing lolknicks jokes but I believe if we do not get Durant or Kawhi (I strongly don’t see us getting Kawhi), we will offer no long term max contracts to anybody. My honest best bet is that we offer some big 1+1 deals with team options if we strike out elsewhere. I’m guessing we go after someone like Randle on a 1+1. Keep flexibility for next offseason, get another lotto pick. Otherwise, we take teams’ expiring contracts for picks or young players.

My predictions:
Kawhi: back to Toronto for a 1+1 so he controls his future like Bron and KD did the past few years and it would also get him to the 10 year player max and a chance at a repeat

KD: Knicks or he stays and the warriors agree that they will trade him to a team he wants when he wants. I agree with Jalen Rose—if he’s leaving, it’s to cement his legacy and I don’t see him doing that with NY’s B team in terms of popularity, or going to the Nets because Kyrie chose the Nets first as wants KD there with him.

Kyrie: Nets

Kemba: Charlotte with Lakers as a dark horse if Charlotte doesn’t offer him a 5 year deal

Klay: he stay

Jimmy Buckets: Sixers

Tobias Harris: Nets if Sixers don’t offer him a max

Horford: Mavs although I want him to go to the Kings

Middleton: Bucks

DLo: unsure...not sure he wants to go back to the Lakers after how Magic shit on him after he traded him. Suns would be dope but not sure any big FA wanna go there right now (sorryyyy)

Lakers will use their money on a few players because they won’t be able to get one of the marquee guys whose names start with the letter K. Maybe some combo of Pat Bev, Collison and one other guy. And Melo on a vet min.

Blazers trade for Kevin Love.

No idea what the Clippers do. They are the big wild card for me but seems like the writing on the walls there is that their hopes of big names this summer has died down a bit.

As a Knicks fan, I am used to hearing lolknicks jokes but I believe if we do not get Durant or Kawhi (I strongly don’t see us getting Kawhi), we will offer no long term max contracts to anybody. My honest best bet is that we offer some big 1+1 deals with team options if we strike out elsewhere. I’m guessing we go after someone like Randle on a 1+1. Keep flexibility for next offseason, get another lotto pick.

You've just cursed the Knicks with Brook Lopez at 4yrs/$75M forcing MitchRob to the bench

Back