The NBA Thread

Don't get me wrong...the Cavs will be good still but damn. Markkanen Sexton, 3 first round picks and two swaps
I do like the deal for Cleveland as I think Mitchell to the Garland/Allen/Mobley core puts them ahead of everyone in the East other than the Bucks/Celtics/76ers and perhaps the Nets if they don't self destruct. I think Miami has taken a step back for sure.

that's the craziest thing about him and Sterling...their punishment was being forced to make billions of dollars by selling the team....fuck those guys.
the worst part about it is....unless they change the punishment which is a one year suspension and 10 milli fine...he could technically just come back next year as owner. He didn't get the Sterling treatment of boot that led to a forced sale. He's like well everyone hates me now and im getting suspended, might as well sell

"the racism and misconduct with female and male employees has been going on over the course of the last 18 years"..............

How tf did no one say anything until recently

the worst part about it is....unless they change the punishment which is a one year suspension and 10 milli fine...he could technically just come back next year as owner. He didn't get the Sterling treatment of boot that led to a forced sale. He's like well everyone hates me now and im getting suspended, might as well sell
i think ebay said they wouldn't re-sign their sponsorship agreement with the suns and one of the minority owners also publicly called for him to step down. plus some players including the Suns players + Bron made statements about it. definitely not the same treatment as Sterling and IIRC, Sterling mostly sold because his wife or ex-wife said he had a mental condition and pretty much forced him to sell.

The NBA never forced Sterling to sell the team. That forced sale only happened because his wife managed to get him declared legally incompetent and then she was able to take control and sell. Zach Lowe explained this well on his pod last week.

I don’t like dirty-rich, racist people either, but the idea that owners should not be able to receive the proceeds of a sale of their assets is more fun in theory than in practice.

"the racism and misconduct with female and male employees has been going on over the course of the last 18 years"..............

How tf did no one say anything until recently
i mean....the mavs have had a huge history of misconduct and nothing has happened to Cuban at all.

i think ebay said they wouldn't re-sign their sponsorship agreement with the suns and one of the minority owners also publicly called for him to step down. plus some players including the Suns players + Bron made statements about it. definitely not the same treatment as Sterling and IIRC, Sterling mostly sold because his wife or ex-wife said he had a mental condition and pretty much forced him to sell.
Yea Paypal is pulling out if they don't sell

Back