The NBA Thread

I get needing to be careful because of sexual harassment and other potential HR issues that could arise from something like this but if everything is consensual between two adults I think this seems quite harsh. Wonder if they just get Brad Stevens to come back to the bench and see what happens while the suspension is served.

So apparently in the NBA’s eyes decades of cultivating a toxic and harassing work culture involving numerous complaints is equal to having a consensual relationship with a co-worker. Wild stuff

I get needing to be careful because of sexual harassment and other potential HR issues that could arise from something like this but if everything is consensual between two adults I think this seems quite harsh. Wonder if they just get Brad Stevens to come back to the bench and see what happens while the suspension is served.
Ehh, when you are in a position of power (which head basketball coach if the NBA franchise is one of the most powerful positions in the entire org) any sort of relationships within work are a big no no. If this happened in any workplace it's pretty much an instant fireable offense.

So apparently in the NBA’s eyes decades of cultivating a toxic and harassing work culture involving numerous complaints is equal to having a consensual relationship with a co-worker. Wild stuff
To be clear, one was handed down by the NBA and one was handed down by a specific team. So different decision bodies.

To be clear, one was handed down by the NBA and one was handed down by a specific team. So different decision bodies.
Which was handed down by the team? The Celtics suspending their coach for an amicable relationship after the brilliant season they had sounds just as crazy as the Suns only suspending the individual who fostered such a toxic culture (Not to mention who's miserly tendencies have probably cost them titles).

Which was handed down by the team? The Celtics suspending their coach for an amicable relationship after the brilliant season they had sounds just as crazy as the Suns only suspending the individual who fostered such a toxic culture (Not to mention who's miserly tendencies have probably cost them titles).
Sarver was by the NBA. Udoka was by the Celtics.

And read my response above. It's not just about consent. When you hold a position of power, you simply cannot under any circumstance have a sexual relationship with a subordinate. Any company in America would fire you on the spot so he's lucky if he only gets a one year suspension. Good rule of thumb for any level of employment - don't bang anyone at your job, it's much less messy that way.

Sarver's light punishment doesn't mean that the Celtics should go light on Udoka.

Last edited:
Can anyone identify what else could be in that stack?
I was trying to figure some of it out. Weird shop for Melo to drop into. It's a donations-based record shop that's a non-profit in my town to help support our music hall (which is also non-profit). I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he plays that Tiny Tim record for the first time haha.

The shop is cool but mostly dollar bin kinda stuff. Every once in awhile they will get some cool stuff in but seems like some locals get first dibs/people working there call certain people anytime good stuff comes through. They had an insane jazz and funk collection once from a former preacher. All OG Meters albums, Black Jazz 1st pressings, some Sun Ra...some guy got there before me by about 5 minutes and snatched it all up. He dropped $1,400 on stuff that morning.

Pretty easy schedule for y’all so far. Just like we had an easy schedule until we played you guys haha.
Current records aside, I'd still say Sixers and Nets are top-tier east teams to beat. And we still have Middleton, Pat C, and Mr Jingles to get back healthy! Either way I'm obviously joking around 4 games in.

Back