The National

I saw them together once - at the 2011 Beacon Theatre run.

18.jpg
Nice! I would be all over this. I saw The National open for open for The Arcade Fire. Around the time of The Suburbs/High Violet. That was probably one of my best 1-2 punch shows I ever attended.

Since it looks like there may be more shows announced in the not too distant future, I'll share what a friend in the business told me a while back. He had no real details regarding dates, and I'm not sure if it's a co-headlining tour, but the word is that The Nats are shopping around larger theatres (I'm guessing like Radio City size) for a tour leg with War on Drugs. He promised to keep me updated if he hears anything - I will reach out just in case. His info is always spot on.
That would be amazing! And might be the only way I could ever convince my wife to go to a National show with me! :LOL:

Since it looks like there may be more shows announced in the not too distant future, I'll share what a friend in the business told me a while back. He had no real details regarding dates, and I'm not sure if it's a co-headlining tour, but the word is that The Nats are shopping around larger theatres (I'm guessing like Radio City size) for a tour leg with War on Drugs. He promised to keep me updated if he hears anything - I will reach out just in case. His info is always spot on.
They are both playing the same night at Bourbon and beyond. Maybe that tour would be around that time.

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_213516.png
    IMG_20240124_213516.png
    437.9 KB · Views: 9
I saw The National open up for Modest Mouse and REM. I would very much like to go to a National/War On Drugs show and might actually like go if they are close enough and whatnot.
That tour was my last ever REM show and first The National show. Saw them at The Mann Ctr in Philly, an off night between a bunch of Pearl Jam shows in the area. We were hoping that EdVed would show up, since PJ were playing two nights that week just across the river in Camden.

Incredibly fortunate to have front row thanks to the REM fan club. Three songs in to REM’s set, my husband spotted Ed side stage and he ended up coming out for Begin the Begin.

Apparently, Ed and Jeff were sitting behind us, in front of the soundboard during Modest Mouse’s set.

i've seen them play some stellar double bills down under

the national / the middle east back-to-back nights - enmore theatre, sydney, january 2011

national / the walkmen - thebarton theatre, adelaide, october 2014

the national / fleet foxes back-to-back nights - music bowl, melbourne, march 2024

happy days are (nearly) here again

Last edited:
unnamed(1).jpg
We’re thrilled to join forces with The War On Drugs and Lucius for the Zen Diagram Tour this fall!

The 19-date run kicks off on Thursday, September 12 in Gilford, NH at Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion, with stops in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Vancouver, Berkeley, and more before wrapping up with a performance at Mexico City’s Palacio De Los Deportes on Thursday, October 10. The tour also includes a show at the iconic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.

Tickets go on sale Friday, March 1 at 10AM local time.

Cherry Tree members active as of February 25th will have access to a presale beginning Tuesday, February 27 at 10AM local time. Member email to follow.

Additional ticket packages, including soundcheck access, will be available for purchase during the Cherry Tree presale and the general onsale.

View attachment 196178
We’re thrilled to join forces with The War On Drugs and Lucius for the Zen Diagram Tour this fall!

The 19-date run kicks off on Thursday, September 12 in Gilford, NH at Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion, with stops in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Vancouver, Berkeley, and more before wrapping up with a performance at Mexico City’s Palacio De Los Deportes on Thursday, October 10. The tour also includes a show at the iconic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.

Cherry Tree members active as of February 25th will have access to a presale beginning Tuesday, February 27 at 10AM local time. Member email to follow.

Additional ticket packages, including soundcheck access, will be available for purchase during the Cherry Tree presale and the general onsale.

Anyone see prices yet? Hopefully I'll finally get to see them live

View attachment 196178

Anyone see prices yet? Hopefully I'll finally get to see them live
Came here to ask this. This feels like it'll be a pricer set of shows than usual for them. It's probably worth it, but it's annoying to pay upwards of $100 per ticket with fees to see bands nowadays.

Came here to ask this. This feels like it'll be a pricer set of shows than usual for them. It's probably worth it, but it's annoying to pay upwards of $100 per ticket with fees to see bands nowadays.

Plus it sounds like there's some add on for cherry tree members to see sound check? Will be interesting to see how much the add on is

Back