The National - Cherry Tree Club

I've read that ticket sales are down 25 percent from pre-covid levels. Sure some shows sell out but I haven't seen many of them doing that these days.
One other thing to keep in mind is that Platinum pricing fluctuates. We weren't going to see Eddie Vedder because the tickets were too expensive and I wasn't impressed with what I'd heard from his new record when they went on sale. FOMO got the best of me, so the week of our show I started looking at prices. Multiple times a day, they would be reduced, finally, I found a really nice pair of lowers that were the same cost as if I'd bought through TenClub - maybe about $120 each. Seats 4 down from us in the same row were over $600 each.

One other thing to keep in mind is that Platinum pricing fluctuates. We weren't going to see Eddie Vedder because the tickets were too expensive and I wasn't impressed with what I'd heard from his new record when they went on sale. FOMO got the best of me, so the week of our show I started looking at prices. Multiple times a day, they would be reduced, finally, I found a really nice pair of lowers that were the same cost as if I'd bought through TenClub - maybe about $120 each. Seats 4 down from us in the same row were over $600 each.
The Eddie shows are a good example of what’s really at work here though IMO - those shows were in February when COVID concerns were high in a lot of places. It ran through our house ~3 weeks prior so I felt good about going, but I ended up going solo as none of my usual concert buddies felt comfortable at that time.

So a lot of this really depends on what the pandemic situation on the ground ends up being at show time.

Hello Cherry Tree members,

Happy Holidays! We hope this message finds you well. We are excited to report that Cherry Tree Vol. 4 for eligible 2021 members is currently in production and shaping up quite nicely. We are traveling a bit further back in the time machine for this one and we can't wait to share it with you. More details soon.

In the meantime, please login to the member's site to make sure your billing and shipping information is up-to-date. Members who have activated or renewed their Cherry Tree membership by 11:59 PM EST on 12/31/2021 are eligible to receive the forthcoming Vol. 4 package.

If you have any additional questions, please email us at cherrytree@americanmary.com.

Stay safe and have a happy new year,

Cherry Tree
Coming up on 8 months since this update.

Don’t like delays either - but my grandmother always said “Patience is a virtue”.

I’m just trying to hold on to that for this release.
I accept delays. I think I'm more skeptical that it was actually "in production" when they said it was.

I'm not blind to the fact that the impact of 2020 will continue to reverberate for a long time to come, but at the same time I don't see that there's really much incentive to prioritize delivery of something members have already paid for. It's not like the timing of these is dependent on when they can get back into the studio to finish recording, after all.

As you know, global vinyl pressing delays have caused production of Cherry Tree Volume 4 to take significantly longer than usual. Today, we're happy to inform you that the CT4 annual collectible vinyl & merch bundle for 2021 members will ship in two packages; one in September and one in November.

To help mitigate the vinyl delay and to thank you for your considerable patience, we are making a digital version of Cherry Tree Volume 4 available now via download.

Cherry Tree Volume 4 was recorded at Magnet Club in Berlin, Germany on December 1, 2005 during the Alligator tour. The tracklist features a selection of songs from our first three albums, as well as the Cherry Tree EP. Scott found a copy of this soundboard recording and we’ve remastered it specifically for this exclusive vinyl release. We hope you enjoy hearing us on one of our gritty, early tours.

Cherry Tree Volume 4 tracklist:

01. Secret Meeting

02. Lit Up

03. The Geese of Beverly Road

04. Baby We’ll Be Fine

05. Cherry Tree

06. Abel

07. Wasp Nest

08. Murder Me Rachael

09. All the Wine

10. Looking for Astronauts

11. Daughters of the Soho Riots

12. Mr. November

13. About Today

14. City Middle

15. Available

16. Cold Girl Fever

As you know, global vinyl pressing delays have caused production of Cherry Tree Volume 4 to take significantly longer than usual. Today, we're happy to inform you that the CT4 annual collectible vinyl & merch bundle for 2021 members will ship in two packages; one in September and one in November.

To help mitigate the vinyl delay and to thank you for your considerable patience, we are making a digital version of Cherry Tree Volume 4 available now via download.

Cherry Tree Volume 4 was recorded at Magnet Club in Berlin, Germany on December 1, 2005 during the Alligator tour. The tracklist features a selection of songs from our first three albums, as well as the Cherry Tree EP. Scott found a copy of this soundboard recording and we’ve remastered it specifically for this exclusive vinyl release. We hope you enjoy hearing us on one of our gritty, early tours.

01. Secret Meeting

02. Lit Up

04. Baby We’ll Be Fine

05. Cherry Tree

06. Abel

07. Wasp Nest

08. Murder Me Rachael

09. All the Wine

12. Mr. November

13. About Today

14. City Middle

15. Available

16. Cold Girl Fever
So, does that mean vinyl in September and merch in November, or the other way around? If the vinyl production is what caused the delays, then why would merch need an extra two months to ship?

01. Secret Meeting

02. Lit Up

04. Baby We’ll Be Fine

05. Cherry Tree

06. Abel

07. Wasp Nest

08. Murder Me Rachael

09. All the Wine

12. Mr. November

13. About Today

14. City Middle

15. Available

16. Cold Girl Fever
Yeah, they just charged me for my 2022 membership so I am happy to finally have an end point for my 2021 order in sight.

Hey this is a nice little bonus. I think they have received some complaints from people over the past few months and this is their solution to the long, long delay. I'll absolutely take it. Also very cool pick for the live show this go-around. It's so nice to have an older show

01. Secret Meeting

02. Lit Up

04. Baby We’ll Be Fine

05. Cherry Tree

06. Abel

07. Wasp Nest

08. Murder Me Rachael

09. All the Wine

12. Mr. November

13. About Today

14. City Middle

15. Available

16. Cold Girl Fever
oh fuck that looks like an incredible setlist. Almost all of Alligator which is my favorite National album :love:

oh fuck that looks like an incredible setlist. Almost all of Alligator which is my favorite National album :love:
Same! And yet I was still slightly bummed that it’s missing “Karen”. I have 5 live National releases (Vol. 4 will be my 6th) and still no “Karen”. Ah well, maybe it will be included on Vol. 5.

Same! And yet I was still slightly bummed that it’s missing “Karen”. I have 5 live National releases (Vol. 4 will be my 6th) and still no “Karen”. Ah well, maybe it will be included on Vol. 5.
Hey if you want some high quality bootlegs…

I know of at least one show I have that has Karen in the set list

Back