The National - Cherry Tree Club

Would be fun to meet up with some Portland folks if I do make it up there! Is Edgefield easy to get to if we end up staying in downtown Portland?
On second thought, trying to get a rideshare home after the show could be a recipe for disaster (very late night, and I'm sure the dynamic pricing would burn you). I'll think on this some more.

It wouldn't be inexpensive, but you could Lyft or Uber out there. It's roughly 10 miles east of the airport. Pretty great venue for this type of show.
Any venue that allows ya to bring in lowback chairs is alright in my book. I do wish the show was in July as opposed to June as it would be less likely to get rained on. When we saw em in 2019 it was in September and we got rained on throughout the whole show.

Last edited:
Any venue that allows ya to bring in lowback chairs is alright in my book. I do wish the show was in July as appears to June as it would be less likely to get rained on. When we saw em in 2019 it was in September and we got rained on throughout the whole show.
It's true, but June rain tends to be of the very light drizzle variety. More often than not, it's kinda cloudy and just not quite summer yet.

Here come the Swifties...

oq15kt8u1wca1.jpg

We will going to one of the Edgefield shows, unlikely both. I tried to grab a room at Edgefield (which is always fun), but given that they were weekend dates I'm guessing they were booked long ago. Edgefield doesn't charge when you book, which leads to many speculative bookings this time of year.

Ooooh good idea I'm going to check

So how does one get front row? What sort of chair back do you recommend?
There will be people standing up by the stage I am sure so you’d have to make a choice; either try to stand close or find a nice place to sit with a blanket and/chair. I am sure the moment the doors open there will be a mad sprint up to the stage so if you wanna get super close your best bet is to get there early.

We are 40 and have stood close to the stage enough in our lives that we will probably show up early so we can find a nice unobstructed grassy spot to claim and set up some chairs and a blanket and sit back and enjoy the show.

The. Chairs have to be low profile and they do check when you enter. I forget the height limit but something like this would work.

There will be people standing up by the stage I am sure so you’d have to make a choice; either try to stand close or find a nice place to sit with a blanket and/chair. I am sure the moment the doors open there will be a mad sprint up to the stage so if you wanna get super close your best bet is to get there early.

We are 40 and have stood close to the stage enough in our lives that we will probably show up early so we can find a nice unobstructed grassy spot to claim and set up some chairs and a blanket and sit back and enjoy the show.

The. Chairs have to be low profile and they do check when you enter. I forget the height limit but something like this would work.

This will be my first time seeing them so I'm thinking near the front is a must.

Maybe because cherry tree can't get close rows they get in first? That would be nice

This will be my first time seeing them so I'm thinking near the front is a must.

Maybe because cherry tree can't get close rows they get in first? That would be nice
I'm of the age where kicking back on some blankets with chairs sounds pretty fantastic BUT it would be cool if there was a Cherry Tree members section, or a preshow soundcheck deal. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Yeah, I doubt it. When we saw them at Marymoore Park which was the same type of set up as Edgefield (but a bit larger venue) the only perk for buying tickets via Cherry Tree was early access.

But who knows maybe things have changed. Just checking out their “What To Bring” section online and I am seeing Edgefield is no longer allowing backpacks or blankets (looks like we are gonna have to buy a clear bag and beach towels) into the venue which is kind of a bummer.

First Two Pages of Frankenstein is available for pre-order on standard black vinyl, indie-exclusive opaque red vinyl, white vinyl, CD and digital from 4AD and americanmary.com. Cherry Tree members who pre-order First Two Pages of Frankenstein via the member store will also receive a Flexidisc single of “Weird Goodbyes (feat. Bon Iver).” Previously released digitally, this will be an initial physical release of the song ahead of its future home.
We are embarking on a world tour this year in support of the new album, and are excited to have Soccer Mommy, The Beths and Bartees Strange supporting us at many of these shows. Patti Smith and Her Band will be joining us for one special night in New York City at the iconic Madison Square Garden. Tickets go on sale Friday, January 27th at 10:00AM local time to the general public, except for Madison Square Garden which goes on sale Friday, January 27th at 12:00PM EST.

Cherry Tree members active as of January 17th will be eligible for a special members-only presale on Wednesday, January 25th at 10:00AM local time. Member email to follow.

The National On Tour

North America

05.20.23 Chicago, IL *

05.21.23 Chicago, IL *

05.24.23 Washington, DC *

05.26.23 Boston, MA - Boston Calling

05.28.23 Napa, CA – Bottlerock Festival

05.30.23 Los Angeles, CA *

06.02.23 Troutdale, OR *

06.03.23 Troutdale, OR *

06.04.23 Redmond, WA *

06.05.23 Burnaby, BC*

08.01.23 Philadelphia, PA ~

08.03.23 New Haven, CT ~

08.07.23 Detroit, MI ~

08.08.23 Madison, WI ~

08.09.23 Minneapolis, MN ~

08.11.23 Denver, CO ~

08.15.23 Nashville, TN ~

08.16.23 Atlanta, GA ~

08.18.23 New York, NY +

UK/EU

21.09.23 Dublin, IRE *

23.09.23 Leeds, UK *

24.09.23 Glasgow, UK *

26.09.23 London, UK *

29.09.23 Amsterdam, NL ^

30.09.23 Berlin, DE ^

01.10.23 Munich, DE ^

04.10.23 Madrid, ES ^

05.10.23 Porto, PT ^

06.10.23 Lisbon, PT ^

Support:

* Soccer Mommy

~ The Beths

^ Bartees Strange

+ Patti Smith and Her Band

For tickets and information, please visit www.americanmary.com

First Two Pages of Frankenstein is available for pre-order on standard black vinyl, indie-exclusive opaque red vinyl, white vinyl, CD and digital from 4AD and americanmary.com. Cherry Tree members who pre-order First Two Pages of Frankenstein via the member store will also receive a Flexidisc single of “Weird Goodbyes (feat. Bon Iver).” Previously released digitally, this will be an initial physical release of the song ahead of its future home.
We are embarking on a world tour this year in support of the new album, and are excited to have Soccer Mommy, The Beths and Bartees Strange supporting us at many of these shows. Patti Smith and Her Band will be joining us for one special night in New York City at the iconic Madison Square Garden. Tickets go on sale Friday, January 27th at 10:00AM local time to the general public, except for Madison Square Garden which goes on sale Friday, January 27th at 12:00PM EST.

Cherry Tree members active as of January 17th will be eligible for a special members-only presale on Wednesday, January 25th at 10:00AM local time. Member email to follow.

The National On Tour

North America

05.20.23 Chicago, IL *

05.21.23 Chicago, IL *

05.24.23 Washington, DC *

05.26.23 Boston, MA - Boston Calling

05.28.23 Napa, CA – Bottlerock Festival

05.30.23 Los Angeles, CA *

06.02.23 Troutdale, OR *

06.03.23 Troutdale, OR *

06.04.23 Redmond, WA *

06.05.23 Burnaby, BC*

08.01.23 Philadelphia, PA ~

08.03.23 New Haven, CT ~

08.07.23 Detroit, MI ~

08.08.23 Madison, WI ~

08.09.23 Minneapolis, MN ~

08.11.23 Denver, CO ~

08.15.23 Nashville, TN ~

08.16.23 Atlanta, GA ~

08.18.23 New York, NY +

UK/EU

21.09.23 Dublin, IRE *

23.09.23 Leeds, UK *

24.09.23 Glasgow, UK *

26.09.23 London, UK *

29.09.23 Amsterdam, NL ^

30.09.23 Berlin, DE ^

01.10.23 Munich, DE ^

04.10.23 Madrid, ES ^

05.10.23 Porto, PT ^

06.10.23 Lisbon, PT ^

Support:

* Soccer Mommy

~ The Beths

^ Bartees Strange

+ Patti Smith and Her Band

For tickets and information, please visit www.americanmary.com
Personally, I woulda preferred The Beths to Soccer Mommy for the PNW shows but maybe seeing Soccer Mommy live will make her finally click with me.

On the edgefield site it says it's GA
That's a good sign, but they always sell GA tickets for the lawn. The reserved tickets go down in the bowl, right in front of the stage. If they don't end up selling reserved tickets, you should have no trouble getting very close to the stage. Just head down that way shortly after the opener wraps up. Most folks are too attached to their comfy lawn seats to bother.

Back