The National - Cherry Tree Club

So are those stickers that came with it too? I wish they were not Texas related cause it makes them seem like a Texas-based band. Weird choice there

Don't be angry because we just beat Tennessee in college baseball thus proving who exactly is the real UT.

So are those stickers that came with it too? I wish they were not Texas related cause it makes them seem like a Texas-based band. Weird choice there
The live show was in Texas so it relates in that regard. I’ll just slide them in the sleeve sealed and then someone will think they are neat when they finds them in the jacket once I’m dead.

The live show was in Texas so it relates in that regard. I’ll just slide them in the sleeve sealed and then someone will think they are neat when they finds them in the jacket once I’m dead.
Literally every time I get a poster in the jacket along with a record. I rarely ever want to hang something unless it’s a band I really really like or maybe it’s signed

Literally every time I get a poster in the jacket along with a record. I rarely ever want to hang something unless it’s a band I really really like or maybe it’s signed
Same. Mainly because any poster included is usually folded and there is a seam. This print appears to be 12x12 so it isn't folded. I'll definitely frame it and hang it near the Stubb's show print.

One of my Light Years books is out for delivery!!!! I don't know if it's my copy or the one I bought for my daughter. Even if it turns out to be hers, I am spinning that vinyl and paging through the book.

Just got out of the shower to the sound of a loud thunk on my porch - I'm expecting another large package today and my LY was scheduled for tomorrow, so imagine my surprise when I opened the door.

View attachment 103692
View attachment 103693
View attachment 103694
View attachment 103695
Mine was just delivered! So fun to look through the book - I see my husband and me in a bunch of photos and my daughter is in one as well. What # did you get? Mine is #7

got mine today!!! Wasn’t expecting it to happen so quickly
CFC3CB12-8337-4F0F-B671-CD22BD158224.jpeg

Not a signed version, unfortunately, but it’s so nice to have. My number is 682. I have flipped through it and I love the stuff inside. Not a huge fan of the font on the cover, but I hear it is glow in the dark. Also, love that it came in a custom box. Looking forward to diving into it tonight.

Mine was just delivered! So fun to look through the book - I see my husband and me in a bunch of photos and my daughter is in one as well. What # did you get? Mine is #7
And I was feeling pretty good about #8! (Also blue)

Agreed with all that it’s beautifully done. In a past life, I did some work with Pentagram, who has been designing the National’s stuff for a while. Hugely talented design firm. Apparently Scott used to work there.

And I was feeling pretty good about #8! (Also blue)

Agreed with all that it’s beautifully done. In a past life, I did some work with Pentagram, who has been designing the National’s stuff for a while. Hugely talented design firm. Apparently Scott used to work there.

I wanted to work at Pentagram! Went to school at Parsons way back in the mid-late 80's. Sadly, a bit too early to meet Scott there.

ETA: another friend who ordered the blue/white split got one in the 700s

got mine today!!! Wasn’t expecting it to happen so quickly
View attachment 103892

Not a signed version, unfortunately, but it’s so nice to have. My number is 682. I have flipped through it and I love the stuff inside. Not a huge fan of the font on the cover, but I hear it is glow in the dark. Also, love that it came in a custom box. Looking forward to diving into it tonight.
BTW - the text and graphic on the back of the book does glow in the dark!!!!!

I have a label that's been created but no movement yet. I really hope it gets out before the holiday weekend.

Back