The National - Cherry Tree Club

Yea @AnthonyI this is important....if you sign up now, you'd get in for vol 4 but you're likely looking at well over a year before you actually receive that one. It's possible that they post more copies of vol 3 up for purchase though when it comes out (that's what they did for vol 1). And it does take a few days to actually get set up with an account IIRC so it's not like you can immediately sign up and grab a copy of something that comes out.
I don't think I gave much thought to jumping in just to get Vol 3, I just find myself having petty much all their releases and now filling a couple of holes with the reissues, so it got me thinking while I was on their site. Of course, this Vol.??? will for sure send me on a quest for the previous volumes, which may make this a deal breaker by the sounds of it, lol

I don't think I gave much thought to jumping in just to get Vol 3, I just find myself having petty much all their releases and now filling a couple of holes with the reissues, so it got me thinking while I was on their site. Of course, this Vol.??? will for sure send me on a quest for the previous volumes, which may make this a deal breaker by the sounds of it, lol
You'll definitely go down the rabbithole of trying to get volumes 1-3 haha. I'm always looking for volume 2 now but affordable copies don't pop up too often.

Maybe we'll just stick to grabbing my 3 missing albums and not open that can of worms, lol
I have avoided it since the prices have been so high so maybe won't be an issue for ya. Which albums are you missing? Also worth noting that they still have the High Violet limited edition and I Am Easy To Find exclusives in the cherry tree shop.

I have avoided it since the prices have been so high so maybe won't be an issue for ya. Which albums are you missing? Also worth noting that they still have the High Violet limited edition and I Am Easy To Find exclusives in the cherry tree shop.
Their debut, Trouble Will Find me and I wanted to pick up the Cherry Tree EP, I was just going to grab the remasters and TWFM from the shop.

So has the $50 per year been worth it to you current members? I'm debating, still, lol
I dont have too much more to add to what others have already said, other then I also feel like its been worth it to this point. I'm of the same mindset where I view the $50 as a decent deal even on just the annual record. I was able to pick up the exclusives that they put out as well so that was a really nice added bonus. I'm satisfied so far!

So has the $50 per year been worth it to you current members? I'm debating, still, lol
If you enjoy The National live in concert it’s definitely worthwhile. The annual LP plus the other swag that comes with it is probably worth around $50 by itself, then with the Cherry Tree Store you get access to more exclusives (I was able to purchase Trouble Will Find Me Boxset and the “forest hills” green pressing of Sleep Well Beast both at retail) and in pre-Covid times, early access to purchase concert tickets. I have been satisfied for sure.

If you enjoy The National live in concert it’s definitely worthwhile. The annual LP plus the other swag that comes with it is probably worth around $50 by itself, then with the Cherry Tree Store you get access to more exclusives (I was able to purchase Trouble Will Find Me Boxset and the “forest hills” green pressing of Sleep Well Beast both at retail) and in pre-Covid times, early access to purchase concert tickets. I have been satisfied for sure.
Since there is no real plus to joining now just based on being out of the pool for Vol. 3, I'll mull it over a bit and see, the positives outweigh the negatives (Minus the Vol. 1, 2 & 3 quest that will surely ensue), I don't think the concert tickets weigh heavy one way or another, but everything else seems to be worth the price of admission.

Since there is no real plus to joining now just based on being out of the pool for Vol. 3, I'll mull it over a bit and see, the positives outweigh the negatives (Minus the Vol. 1, 2 & 3 quest that will surely ensue), I don't think the concert tickets weigh heavy one way or another, but everything else seems to be worth the price of admission.
I will say this. For a brief time around when Vol 2 was released Volume 1 came back in stock in the Cherry Tree shop (sans the swag). Who knows if that will happen again this time but with Vol 3 impending release I could see them doing the same thing with Volume 2 if they are sitting on any additional copies. So even though you would be about a year away from getting Vol 4 if you joined now, it may be worthwhile as you might be able to snag a copy of Volume 2 at retail and then next year before the release of Vol 4 maybe they again do the same thing for vol 3 and then bam! All you would end up needing is vol 1. Which wouldn’t be too bad.

I will say this. For a brief time around when Vol 2 was released Volume 1 came back in stock in the Cherry Tree shop (sans the swag). Who knows if that will happen again this time but with Vol 3 impending release I could see them doing the same thing with Volume 2 if they are sitting on any additional copies. So even though you would be about a year away from getting Vol 4 if you joined now, it may be worthwhile as you might be able to snag a copy of Volume 2 at retail and then next year before the release of Vol 4 maybe they again do the same thing for vol 3 and then bam! All you would end up needing is vol 1. Which wouldn’t be too bad.
..............how do I argue this logic?

One thing I’ll say re tickets: for the most part it’s true that, even here in the NYC area, while fan club presales are nice they’re usually not necessary to get National tickets. I used the presales for the Forest Hills weekend shows and Cooperstown (R.I.P.) but neither of those were particularly tough tickets in the general on-sale. HOWEVER, being a Cherry Tree member did give me the opportunity to get into the “Special Evening With The National” night at the Beacon where they screened the IAETF film and played the whole album with the children’s choir and whatnot, which is the sort of thing that makes me feel like a membership is worth it for several years.

Can someone explain what I'm supposed to put in the blanks? If I leave one empty it gets upset, lol

I assume Zip under IL, but the 3 above that have me baffled.
1614012080092.png

Seemed repetitive, but I'm in................who's gonna teach me the secret hand shake ;)
Do you have the club issued glasses yet?
I still wear my clear frame set, but most members are opting for the new Black Harry Caray style these days.
Once you have those, it's not so much of "handshake" as it is dour grunt of acknowledgment.

Last edited:
Pre-COVID, the CT membership got my wife and I into that Special Evening with the National show where they played all of IAETF live, before I had heard any of the songs outside the advance lead single, and screened the short film and it got us third row seats at the Greek in Los Angeles, right behind Topher Grace and his wife. So, the live ticket side is def worth $50, IMO, as it gets you in a good position to attend limited events and seats you behind pre-MCU Marvel villains at normal events.

Back