The N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time!!!

I think the poster may've been just offended by the superfluous "u" in "favorite"...

I think ego comes into play on that bolded part when you ask yourself why are you struggling separating the two. is it because you can recognize either an influence-lineage or something objectively better in a classic v. a favorite...or is it because not ticking certain boxes, Sgt. Pepper/Pet Sounds/Thriller, will make you look musically "un-woke" in the eyes of others. if it's the latter more than the prior, your ego is talking.
The language is English, not American 😜

Reactions: cbl
My list is done! I'm just gonna double check to make sure I don't want to make any final adjustments. I'm very pleased with it. It is very much my own personal list, and I'm really excited to share it.

48. Jazz (2015)

Hmmmmmmm..... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

My list is done! I'm just gonna double check to make sure I don't want to make any final adjustments. I'm very pleased with it. It is very much my own personal list, and I'm really excited to share it.

Hmmmmmmm..... :unsure::unsure::unsure:
subtle, huh?

I think ego comes into play on that bolded part when you ask yourself why are you struggling separating the two. is it because you can recognize either an influence-lineage or something objectively better in a classic v. a favorite...or is it because not ticking certain boxes, Sgt. Pepper/Pet Sounds/Thriller, will make you look musically "un-woke" in the eyes of others. if it's the latter more than the prior, your ego is talking.

My point is not that there is a struggle in separating the two (though there may be, for some). Instead, my point is that the two concepts ARE separate (favorites vs greatests). Sorry, this is a really boring argument. I had a really stressful day and I’m not helping myself here.

As stated on page 14 (and numerous other pages) the Law of @Englishbob is in effect for me. So here’s my list!

Yes, yes...I dm’d Woob too. Leave me alone, Mom! Get out of my room when I’m listening to my music.....GODS!

My list is made up of my absolute favorite enjoyable albums of all time. To be considered the album had to be a record I could sit down and listen to in its entirety, at any given time, and be completely satisfied with how I spent my time. I fully expect to get thrashed for my ’impeccable’ taste. 😘

Top 50 Albums

1. Prince - Love Symbol
  2. Danzig - Lucifuge
  3. David Bowie - Heathen
  4. Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
  5. The Black Keys - Chulahoma
  6. M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming
  7. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
  8. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
  9. Clint Mansell - The Fountain (soundtrack)
  10. Prince - Purple Rain
  11. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
  12. Marduk - La Grande Danse Macabre
  13. Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers)
  14. The National - High Violet
  15. AFI - Sing the Sorrow
  16. Behemoth - The Satanist
  17. Prince - Sign O the Times
  18. My Morning Jacket - At Dawn
  19. D’Angelo - Brown Sugar
  20. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
  21. Les Discrets - Septembre et Ses Derniers Pen
  22. Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side
  23. Dead Can Dance - The Serpent’s Egg
  24. Fiona Apple - Tidal
  25. The Dead Weather - Horehound
  26. David Bowie - Labyrinth (soundtrack)
  27. Pagan Altar - Mythical & Magical
  28. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
  29. The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
  30. David Bowie - The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars
  31. Bathory - Destroyer of Worlds
  32. Monster Magnet - Powertrip
  33. Fela Kuti - Roforofo Fight
  34. Prince - Crystal Ball
  35. White Zombie - Astro Creep
  36. Barry Manilow - 2:00 A.M. Paradise Cafe
  37. Beck - Morning Phase
  38. 2Pac - All Eyez on Me
  39. DOWN - DOWN
  40. Pearl Jam - Ten
  41. Future - DS2
  42. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
  43. Gogol Bordello - Trans-Continental Hustle
  44. Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness
  45. Deathspell Omega - Paracletus
  46. Phil Collins - Face Value
  47. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
  48. Enslaved - Frost
  49. John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard
  50. Dr John - Locked Down

Question: I have a potential entry on my list that could be contentious, because it's actually two EPs. However, because they were released very close to one another, are very similar in design and content, have been packaged together in pretty much every reissue since their release (from what I can tell) and are stronger than the only actual studio album this band ever put out, it's tempting for me to consider both EPs as two halves of one album. Is there a rule against this?

It's ultimately inconsequential considering I'm almost guaranteed to be the only person with this on their list.

Question: I have a potential entry on my list that could be contentious, because it's actually two EPs. However, because they were released very close to one another, are very similar in design and content, have been packaged together in pretty much every reissue since their release (from what I can tell) and are stronger than the only actual studio album this band ever put out, it's tempting for me to consider both EPs as two halves of one album. Is there a rule against this?

It's ultimately inconsequential considering I'm almost guaranteed to be the only person with this on their list.

I have the Beta Band's The Three EPs on my longlist. Probably won't make the final cut, but it's there.

Is it Miya Folick?

I’m not sure anyone will step to the plate to be the fun police here, do what you feel is right. If it were me (and it very well could be with Minor Threat) I would feel comfortable including it as 1 if both EP’s were released together in some format, otherwise it’d take up two

I'd say go for it, based on the bolded part of the quote. I could maybe see an argument for not including it, but I won't be that party pooper :p

As stated on page 14 (and numerous other pages) the Law of @Englishbob is in effect for me. So here’s my list!

Yes, yes...I dm’d Woob too. Leave me alone, Mom! Get out of my room when I’m listening to my music.....GODS!

My list is made up of my absolute favorite enjoyable albums of all time. To be considered the album had to be a record I could sit down and listen to in its entirety, at any given time, and be completely satisfied with how I spent my time. I fully expect to get thrashed for my ’impeccable’ taste. 😘

Top 50 Albums

1. Prince - Love Symbol
  2. Danzig - Lucifuge
  3. David Bowie - Heathen
  4. Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
  5. The Black Keys - Chulahoma
  6. M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming
  7. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
  8. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
  9. Clint Mansell - The Fountain (soundtrack)
  10. Prince - Purple Rain
  11. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
  12. Marduk - La Grande Danse Macabre
  13. Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers)
  14. The National - High Violet
  15. AFI - Sing the Sorrow
  16. Behemoth - The Satanist
  17. Prince - Sign O the Times
  18. My Morning Jacket - At Dawn
  19. D’Angelo - Brown Sugar
  20. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
  21. Les Discrets - Septembre et Ses Derniers Pen
  22. Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side
  23. Dead Can Dance - The Serpent’s Egg
  24. Fiona Apple - Tidal
  25. The Dead Weather - Horehound
  26. David Bowie - Labyrinth (soundtrack)
  27. Pagan Altar - Mythical & Magical
  28. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
  29. The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
  30. David Bowie - The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars
  31. Bathory - Destroyer of Worlds
  32. Monster Magnet - Powertrip
  33. Fela Kuti - Roforofo Fight
  34. Prince - Crystal Ball
  35. White Zombie - Astro Creep
  36. Barry Manilow - 2:00 A.M. Paradise Cafe
  37. Beck - Morning Phase
  38. 2Pac - All Eyez on Me
  39. DOWN - DOWN
  40. Pearl Jam - Ten
  41. Future - DS2
  42. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
  43. Gogol Bordello - Trans-Continental Hustle
  44. Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness
  45. Deathspell Omega - Paracletus
  46. Phil Collins - Face Value
  47. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
  48. Enslaved - Frost
  49. John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard
  50. Dr John - Locked Down

Only 2 prince in your top 10?

😱😱😱

😂😂😂

Go for it! If it’s one of your top 50 you don’t needs to justify! No rulez! 😎

PS My phone tried to autocorrect my mistyped justify to Jesus tofu and I’m sharing that for no other reason than it made me chuckle...

Back