The N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time!!!

None of this is that important. 50 or 100, closed or open, soundtracks,live albums and eps or not. Can we just try to have some fun?

Given the amount of people on this forum that really like white guys with guitars (not that there's anything wrong with that) most of what will be on my list won't make a top 500, and no one will ever talk to me about it so the fun is in thinking about it and making the list for me (for me).

We can have good natured debates without getting bogged down in how we do it.

None of this is that important. 50 or 100, closed or open, soundtracks,live albums and eps or not. Can we just try to have some fun?

Given the amount of people on this forum that really like white guys with guitars (not that there's anything wrong with that) most of what will be on my list won't make a top 500, and no one will ever talk to me about it so the fun is in thinking about it and making the list for me (for me).

I mean.... you’re not wrong. But I did just spend 40 minutes trying to convince my wife that cherry was a better Jolly Rancher flavor than watermelon and yes, we did end up sleeping in different beds over it.

New Rule: No FJM albums

ok boomer 😎

You seem to forget that half of this forum are lawyers, we’re already having a blast arguing about the rules!

I say any album goes...even best-of albums.

Bob Marley’s Legend deserves to be included on any list:)

Also...I agree with no FJM albums 😂😂

Legend is an Iconic best of album. Just like Madonna's 'Immaculate Collection' The Beatles 'Red' and 'Blue' albums, and Queen 'Greatest Hits'.
My issue with them is that they were comped together with that exact purpose, and arent a real album.

I love U2. Is 'Best of 1980-1990' probably better than any of their 80s albums on their own? Probably. But it shouldn't be acknowledged as a better album since its just the better parts of multiple albums (Their actual best album is probably 'War')

But, this list is just meant to be fun and I honestly think that, unlike rolling stones, there wont be a lot of these on peoples lists. So if I'm in the minority of this opinion, that's fine.

also it would be really cool if one of the members who can specifically vouch for why the album on the list is so good could write up a little explaination on why its one of the best it would be fantastic.. i would proudly write one for the black parade, fantasma, or 1000 gecs, blood visions, or embryonic (just going by my personal list)
The more I think about this the more I really like it. Im encouraging people to do a little write up about a favorite album of theirs and send it to me. I will use these write ups as I unveil the final list. You can do as little or as many as you'd like. Ill probably mainly use them for the top 100, but if there's a really good write up for an album lower on the list I'd probably post that as well. Also if ten of you write about Sgt Peppers or whatever im picking the one or two best to post

The more I think about this the more I really like it. Im encouraging people to do a little write up about a favorite album of theirs and send it to me. I will use these write ups as I unveil the final list. You can do as little or as many as you'd like. Ill probably mainly use them for the top 100, but if there's a really good write up for an album lower on the list I'd probably post that as well. Also if ten of you write about Sgt Peppers or whatever im picking the one or two best to post
I think I might be doing this. Something to keep the brain cells going.

What is our idea on breaking ties? My #1 album is likely to not show up on anybody’s list, I’m sure there is at least one other person in a similar predicament. That might still be good enough to get us each pretty low on the master list though.

What is our idea on breaking ties? My #1 album is likely to not show up on anybody’s list, I’m sure there is at least one other person in a similar predicament. That might still be good enough to get us each pretty low on the master list though.

I also have a feeling my number one album won't be on anyone else's list, but I'm holding on to hope that it will be!

Back