The Mars Volta reuniting / new music (not being trolled this time, apparently)

The description says 18 LPs, so unless one of the outtakes is 2xLP, I'm guessing it's the 4LP version of FTM with the title track?

Tremulant - 1 LP

De-Loused - 2 LPs

Frances - 4 LPs

Amputechture - 2 LPs

Bedlam - 2 LPs

Octahedron - 2 LPs

Noctourniquet - 2 LPs

Landscape Tantrums - 1 LP

A Plague Upon Your Hissing Children - 1 LP

Eunuch Provocateur - 1 LP

The description says 18 LPs, so unless one of the outtakes is 2xLP, I'm guessing it's the 4LP version of FTM with the title track?

Tremulant - 1 LP

De-Loused - 2 LPs

Frances - 4 LPs

Amputechture - 2 LPs

Bedlam - 2 LPs

Octahedron - 2 LPs

Noctourniquet - 2 LPs

Landscape Tantrums - 1 LP

A Plague Upon Your Hissing Children - 1 LP

Eunuch Provocateur - 1 LP
Yeah, I can't imagine they would exclude that song if this is supposed to be all of the studio recordings.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger...but what if they release dope versions of the individual albums?

I'm so close to pulling the trigger...but what if they release dope versions of the individual albums?
They'll probably do - once the boxset is sold out.
It will also be available from record stores since aren't selling all copies exclusively from their own store.

Why should they stop making money if they've spent probably quite an amount for the right, remasters, etc.
And if there's demand, well...

By the way, records are being pressed at Optimal. 😇

Those Seem to sell really well for that price point. Jpc already has them on spot 41 in their vinyl charts

Also available here,
Those Seem to sell really well for that price point. Jpc already has them on spot 41 in their vinyl charts
I wish I could swing it right now. People are justifying it by looking at what the original presses cost which I think is a very stupid way to price new releases direct from a label. 🤷 🤞 for solo reissues outside of the box.

Reactions: Jan
Also available here,

I wish I could swing it right now. People are justifying it by looking at what the original presses cost which I think is a very stupid way to price new releases direct from a label. 🤷 🤞 for solo reissues outside of the box.
Seeing how fast this sold out im pretty sure individual releases will be comig.

Worked out about £355 shipped, which I don't think is too bad. Add to the fact that there is literally nothing (luxury items) to spend money on just now, no gigs, no festivals, no cinema, no restaurants, no pub and no holidays then I can justify it...😏

Can't believe it sold out already. Glad I pulled the trigger last night after mulling it for a few hours.

The price was tough to swallow, but I slept on the Ozzy and Bad Religion boxes and seriously regret both. Plus, as a former Scene Emo kid in high school, The Mars Volta is one of the ONLY bands from that period that I loved and actually still holds up nostalgia removed. And love a short flawless (IMO) discography. There literally won't be one disc here here that doesnt get multiple spins.

Back