The Mars Volta reuniting / new music (not being trolled this time, apparently)

So I just bought this Euro bootleg copy of Frances The Mute for 45 USD in close to mint condition. The packaging looks like a near replica of the original so I figured what the hell. Until they can get their acts together and get these re-issued... Also I think I got a pretty good price even though there's not much of a point of reference since it's banned from sale on Cogs...

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

So I just bought this Euro bootleg copy of Frances The Mute for 45 USD in close to mint condition. The packaging looks like a near replica of the original so I figured what the hell. Until they can get their acts together and get these re-issued... Also I think I got a pretty good price even though there's not much of a point of reference since it's banned from sale on Cogs...

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
Damn, this thread got bumped and I thought it would be available here!! Lol

One day... maybe... Probably not.

Hey @BjorgenFjorgen I forget. Is yours the picture disc or the latter MOV gold?
Don't have De-Loused, just the Frances with the sixth-side etching and this Amputechture. If and when there's a repress I'd probably just grab De-Loused unless for some reason the original Frances held its value and I could sell it.

Deloused is one of my favorite albums of all time, and I loved Frances as well. I just really hope they get John Theodore back on drums although it seems unlikely
I definitely lost a lot of interest in the band after Theodore left, though I don't remember if that was an acrimonious split or what. It was probably because the records got worse, though.

I have a link to a store that has a few UNOFFIFICAL pressings of Mars Volta - Frances The Mute & Deloused for $50 each. MV fans know how hard these are to come by - even these unofficials. I have no real opinion on unofficial recordings but, hey, to each their own. If they repress this, I'll gladly also buy it.

Message me if you want the link - looks like there is only 1 or 2 left.

I have a link to a store that has a few UNOFFIFICAL pressings of Mars Volta - Frances The Mute & Deloused for $50 each. MV fans know how hard these are to come by - even these unofficials. I have no real opinion on unofficial recordings but, hey, to each their own. If they repress this, I'll gladly also buy it.

Message me if you want the link - looks like there is only 1 or 2 left.
It is odd that the Frances seems to be 2 LP instead of 3?

Well yeah I agree, but isn't that listing only two discs?
That is correct. The official Mars Volta pressing is 2XLP, the unofficial that is well regarded is 3XLP. I can't speak to why this one is 2LP. Different manufacturer I assume. I really have no other details other than I almost paid double this for the 3X unofficial, so I am cool with this one as long as it sounds how others say it does!

That is correct. The official Mars Volta pressing is 2XLP, the unofficial that is well regarded is 3XLP. I can't speak to why this one is 2LP. Different manufacturer I assume. I really have no other details other than I almost paid double this for the 3X unofficial, so I am cool with this one as long as it sounds how others say it does!
I'm pretty sure the official is 3LP as well. 5 sides of music with etching on the sixth.

Back