The March 2024 Challenge Thread: There Is No Dark Side Of The Moon

March 9 - Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Neko Case & Her Boyfriends - Furnace Room Lullaby
Song: Thrice All American

IMG_6890.jpeg

Neko spent some of her formative years in my hometown, and I can’t think of a more perfect ode to what Tacoma was in the 90s:

“I want to tell you about my hometown
It’s a dusty old jewel in the South Puget Sound
Where the factories churn and the timber's all cut down
And life goes by slow in Tacoma”

March 9 - Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Neko Case & Her Boyfriends - Furnace Room Lullaby
Song: Thrice All American

View attachment 197436

Neko spent some of her formative years in my hometown, and I can’t think of a more perfect ode to what Tacoma was in the 90s:

“I want to tell you about my hometown
It’s a dusty old jewel in the South Puget Sound
Where the factories churn and the timber's all cut down
And life goes by slow in Tacoma”

God bless California, make way for the Wal-Mart
I hope they don’t find you, Tacoma

day 9 - kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

IMG_4839.jpeg

v/a - minnesota beatle project, vol. 5

“The Minnesota Beatle Project is a collaborative effort on behalf of the Minnesota music industry to provide support for music and art programs in Minnesota public schools. The albums feature esteemed MN-born-or-based musicians performing originally arranged compositions of their favorite Beatles songs. The album also features Minnesota public school student bands that have been recipents of Vega donations, as well as album artwork created by by students in Minnesota public schools. 100% of net proceeds from The Minnesota Beatle Project are used to rebuild and enhance music and art education for children in Minnesota public schools. Minnesota Beatle Project funding has provided the opportunity for more than 20,000 students to participate in music and art programs statewide.”

day 11 - thought i’d something more to say

This is an interesting lyric - I perceive it as "thought of something more to say", but in the context of the full lyric it could also mean "thought I'd have something more to say".

I'm gonna go with my perception of the lyric, and play an album that was released 22 years after the previous one by the group.

Slowdive ~ Slowdive

IMG_6298.jpeg

Back