The March 2024 Challenge Thread: There Is No Dark Side Of The Moon

March 9 - Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

I grew up in Calabasas, CA. We would go to Zuma beach regularly, which geographically sits right next to Point Dume, and take Kanan-Dume Road to get there from the 101. Can definitely see how the locale inspired the songs on this expanded/reconfigured edition of Zuma, although I never saw UFO's or birds carrying topless women.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse ~ Dume

IMG_6293.jpeg

March 09: Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.
Sufjan Stevens - The Avalanche (Outtakes & Extras From The Illinois Album)
IMG_2722.jpeg

I decided to follow @ranbalam lead and go with Sujfan’s ode to my home state of Illinois. His cup runneth over during the Illinois sessions as he had another full album of excellent material about the Land of Lincoln. It features tracks that reference both Peoria and Bloomington, both Cities I lived in college and as an adult respectively. Unfortunately my actual home town of Pontiac, IL didn’t make the cut.

March 10 - And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

Another album released 10 years ago. Wasn't familiar with it at the time, but this album has become the connective tissue to some really good friends that we met while my youngest was in 3rd grade (8 years ago) and she befriended a new girl in the class, and this was the first album (of many) her parents introduced me to.

Sylvan Esso ~ Sylvan Esso

IMG_6296.jpeg

Back