The March 2024 Challenge Thread: There Is No Dark Side Of The Moon

AndySlash

"BARF!"
Admin
The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon-6.jpg

Pink Floyd's timeless 'The Dark Side of the Moon' was released 51 years ago, on March 1, 1973. I don't recall anyone doing a monthly theme based on one single album- sorry if that is not the case! Yes, this idea is one year later than would have been ideal, but what are ya gonna do- I didn't think of it until last week.

Anyway, for the month of March, all of the daily prompts are taken from this classic record. The only guidance you're going to be given as far as daily instruction is the prompt, so use it how you see fit. I suspect some of these will be more difficult to come up with a pick than others, so hopefully that doesn't dissuade your participation too much and generates some genuinely creative responses. I guess we'll see! Either way, you're encouraged to find a connection that works for you.

The only imposed limitation to your daily choice is that it cannot be 'The Dark Side of the Moon', because there is no dark side of the moon, really...

March 1 - Speak To Me
March 2 - "I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years."
March 3 - Breathe
March 4 - And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry.
March 5 - And when at last the work is done, don't sit down it's time to dig another one.
March 6 - On The Run
March 7 - "Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, hahahahaaaaa!"
March 8 - Time
March 9 - Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.
March 10 - And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
March 11 - Thought I'd something more to say.
March 12 - The tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees.
March 13 - The Great Gig In The Sky
March 14 - "I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind."
March 15 - Money
March 16 - Don't give me that do goody good bullshit.
March 17 - The root of all evil today.
March 18 - Us And Them
March 19 - Haven't you heard it's a battle of words.
March 20 - It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about.
March 21 - Any Colour You Like
March 22 - Brain Damage
March 23 - Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.
March 24 - There's someone in my head but it's not me.
March 25 - And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes.
March 26 - "I can't think of anything to say except..."
March 27 - Eclipse
March 28 - All that you touch, all that you see, all that you taste, all you feel.
March 29 - All that you eat.
March 30 - Everything under the sun is in tune.
March 31 - "There is no dark side of the moon, really... Matter of fact it's all dark."

Day 1
IMG_6549.jpeg
Peter Gabriel - Us

So… I’ve talked about how Peter Gabriel was the first music that I remember feeling like belonged to me as opposed to my parents. Passion was the first album by him that I bought when it came out. This lead to a love of World music, especially with the companion Passion: Sources compilation that was a this stuff inspired the soundtrack thing.

So this was the first Peter Gabriel the pop visionary album I bought when it was new. I love all of them, even the later less than ideal albums, but this is what I really think of when I think of Gabriel. It is the one that I reach for first most often. It speaks to me, just as he did when I was a kid and heard “Solsbury Hill” for the first time. How apropos that it starts with a sing entitled “Come Talk to Me.”

Back