The Kicker of Elves Rekkid Club

also next month is a very big month for the club, being a record from the band what named me, so I'm excited for that. Might try to whip up something special again if I'm able

Hey Hi! Did everyone in the club get all of their records so far? Trying to check in with folks, I know some have for sure.

Secondly, March is actually going to be a choose your own adventure situation: I'd like to give you all the chance to choose one of the following:

Robert Pollard's first solo album, 'Not in My Airforce'
Tobin Sprout's first solo album, 'Carnival Boy'
The already mentioned Guided by Voices album 'Under the Bushes, Under the Stars'

All were released right around the same time, all are GBV related, and all are great. Give a listen and let me know if any speak to you in particular! If not, I can always just choose for ya.

Thnx for considering,

KoE

And guess who played a show here in DC last night, at the club my friend manages. Dammit.

Nap Eyes. With Destroyer.

I audibly groaned when I saw a posting about it this morning.

Hmmm...... I think I want you to choose for me! I was leaning towards GBV because I love them and don't have enough of their vinyl. But I actually am in this for discovery. So, dealer's choice?

And guess who played a show here in DC last night, at the club my friend manages. Dammit.

Nap Eyes. With Destroyer.

I audibly groaned when I saw a posting about it this morning.

Hmmm...... I think I want you to choose for me! I was leaning towards GBV because I love them and don't have enough of their vinyl. But I actually am in this for discovery. So, dealer's choice?

Aye aye! The other two albums are GBV by proxy as they're both by songwriters in the Band (Tobin being the George Harrison, more or less, of early GBV). Bushes is still a great record and if that's where you might be leaning I might just send it to ya ;)

I think the GBVs album would be my choice. Just wondering, should this be paused for now? Wouldn't want people to be going out as of now with everything happening.

This is a great question and concern. I've been thinking about it! I've been trying to order direct from small stores and labels when possible, which could all probably use the boost right now. But at the same time, I don't want to contribute to danger to human people on any fronts.

Bear with me. I'm gonna figure something out, and you will get all records, regardless. I promise.

Thank you, AA for bumping. I remembered this morning that I had listened to your playlist, KOE and also decided GBV is my pick.

I am soooooo very ok with this being paused. Please don't sweat it. We all have plenty to listen to.

a potential new final listing for the folks, post some out of print situations:

1. Robert Pollard: Waved Out
2. Karen Dalton: Unheard Songs By
3. Waxahatchee: [an album available of your choice]
4. Destroyer: [an album available of your choice]
5. The Clean: Merge Reissue of their first EP

If you were in the OG club and want this records PLZ respond to this post and I will get them your way. For the choose your own adventures, please choose.

Back