The 'I Did a Thing' Thread

Thank you! I'm pretty stoked about these. All the jazz I've ordered thus far has sounded great, and I'm expecting the same here. I did a lot of youtube listening to winnow my picks to these four, so nice to know you approve! 🍻

I've only had time for visual inspections so far and all of the vinyl looks very clean. Kind of amazing how well kept this stuff is.
Japanese collectors tend to really look after their records so its usually a safe bet. I have found that they undergrade quite a bit as well.

You have some fantastic listening coming up!

The data are in and it's official: Record City Japan is addictive. The amount of new stuff they post daily is absolutely bonkers. Went back through my orders since I first heard about them on another thread here. I placed three orders in August of 2021 within a span of less than two weeks. I guess I was pretty excited about it. Then I didn't place another order until October, but that was a fairly large one of 9 records. This year, looks like I've been a bit more systematic, with an order per month and an average of 4 records per order. Here's March's take, which arrived today--two Kings and two Toshibas; the Pepper is a 3LP box set.

View attachment 133260
Nice grabs, you know I've purposely avoided browsing their site as of late for that exact reason, lol. I'm sure it's going to happen again in time, but I need to put money elsewhere at the moment and RCJ is off limits for now ;)

The data are in and it's official: Record City Japan is addictive. The amount of new stuff they post daily is absolutely bonkers. Went back through my orders since I first heard about them on another thread here. I placed three orders in August of 2021 within a span of less than two weeks. I guess I was pretty excited about it. Then I didn't place another order until October, but that was a fairly large one of 9 records. This year, looks like I've been a bit more systematic, with an order per month and an average of 4 records per order. Here's March's take, which arrived today--two Kings and two Toshibas; the Pepper is a 3LP box set.

View attachment 133260
Yesss you got the art pepper box. I got that a few months ago. It’s killer

Just pulled the trigger on Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse. It popped up in my discogs wantlist email 2 days ago. Went to see Goose in Philly the last two nights and husband is so thankful that I drove us each night, he said "You deserve a present"

It's a sealed copy. Of course it will undoubtedly be reissued next year, but I've wanted this for years.

View attachment 132201
great album, but yea... your timing was not great

Back