The 'I Did a Thing' Thread

Next round of LP12 upgrades have been ordered. My dealer is back from holiday in a couple of weeks and then she’ll go in for a service and some surgery.

Expensive remote retail therapy to help offset finally getting the bloody covid!

Yeah I did it. Got it at my local TMR in Detroit so no shipping at least right? Also was able to demo a copy first and it sounded perfect. So…View attachment 135442View attachment 135443View attachment 135444View attachment 135445View attachment 135446View attachment 135448View attachment 135447View attachment 135449View attachment 135450
I saw someone on facebook recently had purchased one at their local TMR too. Cool that they have them in the shop! I'd probably be more inclined to buy one if I saw it in shop and was able to demo it.

I saw someone on facebook recently had purchased one at their local TMR too. Cool that they have them in the shop! I'd probably be more inclined to buy one if I saw it in shop and was able to demo it.
They have/had them in the local shops in Detroit and Nashville, and likely London, but they're not on display. Need to ask. I asked the girl for a sharpie...she didn't get it. As of yesterday there was 1 left in Detroit.

Pics are not loading - what is it?

This month's Record City Japan order. Packaging on this was at a completely different level from previous shipments, all of which have been just fine, but this one would have survived an explosion. Also the first time I've had to sign for the package, which was a bit surprising. Just got it within the past hour so haven't cleaned or played anything yet, but man, all of the vinyl looks like its never even been touched. Not sure how I'll ever resist this growing obsession, but I will do my best (I will, I will) to hold off until next month before placing another order.

RCJ.April2022.jpg

This month's Record City Japan order. Packaging on this was at a completely different level from previous shipments, all of which have been just fine, but this one would have survived an explosion. Also the first time I've had to sign for the package, which was a bit surprising. Just got it within the past hour so haven't cleaned or played anything yet, but man, all of the vinyl looks like its never even been touched. Not sure how I'll ever resist this growing obsession, but I will do my best (I will, I will) to hold off until next month before placing another order.

View attachment 135589
This Record City thing won’t be good for me - a vortex for my bank account!

View attachment 135589
Do you do FedEx? Have you ever had to pay customs fees? I placed a large order last night, and just trying to figure out what to expect. I had pare down my cart to something less insane. 😂

Back