The 'I Did a Thing' Thread

I am not a highroller or a big time dealer.
I sell off doubles and stuff I don’t want in my spare time. I have done this off & on since I got out of college in the late 80s. it is one of the ways I have funded my own collection. I have always done it in lower numbers.

A friend of a friend asked me if I wanted to look at a lot he didn’t want. Doubles, culling his giant collection, etc. I went and looked, he said over 500 pieces. We agreed on a price, and there ended up being around 650 in all. I will definitely keep some, but a lot of it isn’t in my wheelhouse.

This is going to take time, but I enjoy it. I’m setting up at 3 record fairs in PA this month. Lots of lugging and long days.

0A23D726-461A-4B8B-8537-7AB805019E8D.jpegCFE42E29-32AE-4D65-8FED-0A4EF0A578D1.jpegS

I sell off doubles and stuff I don’t want in my spare time. I have done this off & on since I got out of college in the late 80s. it is one of the ways I have funded my own collection. I have always done it in lower numbers.

A friend of a friend asked me if I wanted to look at a lot he didn’t want. Doubles, culling his giant collection, etc. I went and looked, he said over 500 pieces. We agreed on a price, and there ended up being around 650 in all. I will definitely keep some, but a lot of it isn’t in my wheelhouse.

This is going to take time, but I enjoy it. I’m setting up at 3 record fairs in PA this month. Lots of lugging and long days.

View attachment 128515View attachment 128516S
Any gems you found in that 650?

View attachment 128515View attachment 128516S

Any Sun Ra jammed into those boxes?

I did a thing….picked up the Sinatra MoFi box set on eBay …it was a seemingly very good deal. Box itself seemed a little beat up but most of the records claim to be unplayed.

This also means I’ll have a second Geodisc so if anybody is looking for one, I may have one for sale!

Back