The Grammy Awards Thread

I prefer pop starlet Taylor to Autumnal cardigan-wearing messy french braids walking through a forest Taylor so I might enjoy this one (well, the singles anyways) more than here last few albums.

I have a lot of nostalgia for country Taylor, pop Taylor i really don’t like, indie Taylor was great and felt like a strong direction for her.

Folklore is one of the best albums of the decade so far, it took a while to grow on me but damn the songwriting on it is just so good.

Midnights feels like a massive step back for her and may be my least favorite album of hers I’ve listened to (I did skip rep and lover)

Side note. I’m beta testing the new discovery page in Qobuz. Every time I take a screen shot it thinks I am getting ready to send some feedback and wants to know what the issue is.

IMG_4299.pngWell this confoundingly insufferable. The weird little hip hop touches in a torch song are cool and the chorus is okay if uninspired but then the lifting of lines from like every country song ever thing is very kid rock.

IMG_4305.png
This is like one of those Katy Perry songs that was clearly written so that every marching band will buy the sheet music

Olivia Rodrigo, re-listen. It's not bad. She's kind of like if Taylor Swift and Blink-182 collaborated. In basically every aspect except, she's a little more mature thematically than either, really.

One thing I noticed on this listen and I think is true of a lot of pop music... the better system I play it over, the less good it sounds. Like over my Ecoxgear speaker this sounds pretty good. In my truck (which is not audiophile by any stretch but much better fidelity than the speaker I use for background music at work), it was harsher and less pleasant. Especially on tracks where her voice is augmented. I'm sure some time before the awards happen I will listen to it in the B&Ws and over the hifi... but I can't say that I'm necessarily looking forward to it.

Not live blogging because none of the rest of the aoty are getting a first listen. Will come back later with high/low points.

So ive been debating doing this again this year because sadly I wont be able to offer a prize. But I did go through the effort of making it back in November so fuck it.

Welcome to the 2024 Grammy Pool! This year's prize is bragging rights! you have until 10am est on Sunday 2/4 to fill out this form and be included

So ive been debating doing this again this year because sadly I wont be able to offer a prize. But I did go through the effort of making it back in November so fuck it.

Welcome to the 2024 Grammy Pool! This year's prize is bragging rights! you have until 10am est on Sunday 2/4 to fill out this form and be included

It’s for bragging rights!

Back