The Grammy Awards Thread

Anyways time for my very special announcment!

Welcome one and all to the first ever Needles&Grooves Grammy pool!

I am Fleetwood-Matt and I will be the host for this!

I (obviously) am a huge fan of the Grammys, no matter how questionable they tend to be, and I wanted to take this; my favorite time of the year; to have some fun and to do something nice for the forum! So lets do a Grammy Pool!

The Rules

The rules are simple to do but annoying to explain lol, take the survey and fill out each option by how likely you think each album/song is to win (first choice for most likely, second choice for second most likely, fifth/eighth choice for least likely etc). On Grammy Night, you will get points based on how likely you said they were to win (example if you had Billie as your 7th choice for aoty last year, you would get 7 points for that category). At the end of it all ill add up your points and the person with the LOWEST score wins! In the event of a tie I’ll do a drawing to decide who officially wins. You have until the start of the Grammys (February 10th, 2021 8ish) to submit the survey

I chose not to do all categories and instead did a select few from each “major” genre and all for of the general fields to make it easier on myself.

The Prize(s)

The person with the lowest score will receive a $30 Bandcamp gift card!!!! (well one $10 and one $20 card)

The Survey

Ill post the google form link here once its finished

I hope to have a good amount of people playing and if you join, I hope you have fun!
This sounds like a lot of fun!! Thanks for putting it together!

It will go well with the drinking games that I will be playing whilst watching the show. :)

The people in the Grammys really like Billie Eilish, right? Like, really, REALLY like her.

I still can't deal with the nomination of COLDPLAY????? for album of the year and not Fiona.
Coldplay, Jhene and Jacob all really have me scratching my head

Especially when I though fiona and the weeknd were for sure getting nominated

Coldplay, Jhene and Jacob all really have me scratching my head

Especially when I though fiona and the weeknd were for sure getting nominated
You're right, The Weeknd had zero nominations. That's weird. I'm not a fan of his music but i was sure "Blinding lights" would get a lot of nominations, that song is everywhere. The Dixie Chicks also got zero nominations. BUT COLDPLAY IS ALBUM OF THE MOTHERFUCKING YEAR

You're right, The Weeknd had zero nominations. That's weird. I'm not a fan of his music but i was sure "Blinding lights" would get a lot of nominations, that song is everywhere. The Dixie Chicks also got zero nominations. BUT COLDPLAY IS ALBUM OF THE MOTHERFUCKING YEAR
Yep, I love that Weeknd album too.

None of the Album of the Year nominations are as good as Sawayama, which was predictably snubbed. Future Nostalgia is the only one that comes close imo

Sawayama is in my top 5 for the year but I do prefer dua lips to her

I also wasnt expecting her to get any noms so I cant be disappointed she wasnt lol

Remember a year ago when the Black Pumas were nominated for a 2020 Grammy as Best New Artist based on their 2019 S/T album...

Guess they knew what they were doing when they re-released it as a "Deluxe Edition"...
  • 2021 Record of the Year Nomination: Colors, by Black Pumas
  • 2021 Album of the Year Nomination: Black Pumas [Deluxe Edition]
  • 2021 Best American Roots Performance: Colors, by Black Pumas
Looking forward to the 2021 "Superior Edition" and the 2022 nominations.

Thank you all for joining in with my pool this year! ive been wanting to do this for so long so im happy the reception was well. we had 16 partcipants which was more than i imagined getting lol. I know the Grammys are a usually hated but i have so much fun with them and i was happy to spread some fun and positivity with them

without further ado the results! we actually had a 5 WAY TIE for first with 48 points between

@RowBearToe
@Lee Newman
@Deric Sweitzer (who isnt coming up???)
@Bennnnn
@Bluecloud777

so let me pull up a wheel and we will se who won!!!

Back