The Grammy Awards Thread

This Grammy Nom List is a mess obviously but I gotta say they kinda went off with the Best New Artists. Tobe Nwigwe is no where near a new artist but glad he is getting recognition, Omar Apollo, Wet Leg, Molly Tuttle are great picks and I do love me some Anitta! Latto was an obvious pick and im not mad about it! I dont know Muni or Samara so I cant say anything abiut them

This Grammy Nom List is a mess obviously but I gotta say they kinda went off with the Best New Artists. Tobe Nwigwe is no where near a new artist but glad he is getting recognition, Omar Apollo, Wet Leg, Molly Tuttle are great picks and I do love me some Anitta! Latto was an obvious pick and im not mad about it! I dont know Muni or Samara so I cant say anything abiut them

I haven't actually looked through the categories yet, but that is great about the "new" artists. I agree with @Lee Newman that Breakthrough would be a much better title.

Welcome everyone to the 3rd Annual N&G Grammy Pool hosted by me!

The Rules

The rules are simple to do but annoying to explain lol, take the survey and fill out each option by how likely you think each album/song is to win (first choice for most likely, second choice for second most likely, fifth/eighth choice for least likely etc). On Grammy Night, you will get points based on how likely you said they were to win (example if you had Billie as your 7th choice for aoty last year, you would get 7 points for that category). At the end of it all ill add up your points and the person with the LOWEST score wins! In the event of a tie I’ll do a drawing to decide who officially wins. You have until the day of the Grammys (March 14th, 2021 9am est) to submit the survey

I chose not to do all categories and instead did a select few from each “major” genre and all for of the general fields to make it easier on myself.

The Prize(s)

The person with the lowest score will receive a $30 Bandcamp gift card!!!! (well one $10 and one $20 card)

The Survey

Grammy Pool Form

Welcome everyone to the 3rd Annual N&G Grammy Pool hosted by me!

The Rules

The rules are simple to do but annoying to explain lol, take the survey and fill out each option by how likely you think each album/song is to win (first choice for most likely, second choice for second most likely, fifth/eighth choice for least likely etc). On Grammy Night, you will get points based on how likely you said they were to win (example if you had Billie as your 7th choice for aoty last year, you would get 7 points for that category). At the end of it all ill add up your points and the person with the LOWEST score wins! In the event of a tie I’ll do a drawing to decide who officially wins. You have until the day of the Grammys (March 14th, 2021 9am est) to submit the survey

I chose not to do all categories and instead did a select few from each “major” genre and all for of the general fields to make it easier on myself.

The Prize(s)

The person with the lowest score will receive a $30 Bandcamp gift card!!!! (well one $10 and one $20 card)

The Survey

Grammy Pool Form
Done!

My favorite thing to watch during performances is the awkward dancing by the artists trying to follow along with the performers. And Ben Affleck, just standing there not sure what to do.

Watching all the white people with no rhythm attempt to dance to Bad Bunny was comedy gold!

And I’m not sure if Ben even knows where he is at given how confused he looks

We started it 40 minutes late so I am sorry if this has been discussed but A) the audio mix is damn near unlistenable and B) how appropriate is it that Harry Styles "fan" is a 71 year old great grandmother?

Yeah the audio is ruining every performance, and when that is 90% of the show that’s a big issue

And the Harry super fan was either going to be a Grandmom or a preteen. I’m also waiting to hear a fan defend ABBA, Coldplay and MJB for AOTY

Back