The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Same here! I have quite a few MoFis on backorder...Blues for Allah, Blonde on Blonde, Pearl regular MoFi and Mars Hotel. I noticed that Mars is listed as shippable for me on MD but I had 2 other albums in that order that are backordered so not sure if they wait to ship or not.

I think there was an option at checkout to bundle or ship as they came in.

I second this. Jarnow is not only an incredibly knowledgeable Deadhead, but also an excellent writer. I would also recommend A Long Strange Trip by Dennis McNally. It is a tome and highly detailed, but has lots of great information and stories
I just PIF'd a spare copy of "Long Strange Trip", but that is definitely the place I'd start, @Bennnnn (or continue). I have Phil Lesh's book, "Searching for the Sound" but I haven't read it yet. The 33 1/3 book on Workingman's Dead is good but it focuses on just that album (and touches just a bit on American Beauty) so it's kind of light unless you really just want to hear about that one album.

@MikeH I have Blues and Mars both on backorder and on MD it says Mars is shippable and I have a new pending charge for it on my credit card. Looks like they're shipping

Can confirm I just got the Mars shipping notice as well. Just put the order in yesterday when they popped up.

I just hope they don't pull a skull and roses and sell it for 3x the original selling price

How are you gonna turn around and flip your own retail goods? Shameless

Back