The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Still waiting on my first Dave’s Picks, and my One From The Vault. But one or both should be here tomorrow I think...

Meanwhile I finished the Cornell book and want more Dead books to read. Also I’m finally watching The Grateful Dead Movie since like high school. I was friends with a bunch of Dead heads then so I remember watching it then but I wasn’t really into them. There was also another movie that was just about the lot scene, but I can’t seem to find what that one was called. I don’t think I’m making it up cause I distinctly remember watching it way back then.

Still waiting on my first Dave’s Picks, and my One From The Vault. But one or both should be here tomorrow I think...

Meanwhile I finished the Cornell book and want more Dead books to read. Also I’m finally watching The Grateful Dead Movie since like high school. I was friends with a bunch of Dead heads then so I remember watching it then but I wasn’t really into them. There was also another movie that was just about the lot scene, but I can’t seem to find what that one was called. I don’t think I’m making it up cause I distinctly remember watching it way back then.
I highly recommend Jesse Jarnow's Heads! It's not only about the Dead but it's a really good overview of a lot of the subcultures that spring up around them.

I highly recommend Jesse Jarnow's Heads! It's not only about the Dead but it's a really good overview of a lot of the subcultures that spring up around them.
I second this. Jarnow is not only an incredibly knowledgeable Deadhead, but also an excellent writer. I would also recommend A Long Strange Trip by Dennis McNally. It is a tome and highly detailed, but has lots of great information and stories

I second this. Jarnow is not only an incredibly knowledgeable Deadhead, but also an excellent writer. I would also recommend A Long Strange Trip by Dennis McNally. It is a tome and highly detailed, but has lots of great information and stories
Ah yes I have heard of Heads, but I wasn't sure how heavily the Grateful Dead were featured in it. Also A Long Strange Trip was possibly the next one I was gonna get, but Heads sounds intriguing looking more stuff up about it.

Mars Hotel MoFi back in stock!

Mars Hotel MoFi back in stock!
Would this ship from music direct if I ordered from them or not?

I placed an order a couple months ago

Would this ship from music direct if I ordered from them or not?

I placed an order a couple months ago
I do not know...I'm in the same boat but ordered from MoFi to be safe. Can always cancel the MD order. MD does not have them in stock right now but that may get updated.

My orders still say "backordered" as well if I look at order status at MD.

Yep funk md
I'd say that from the last few restocks, MoFi gets them first, then later tonight or tomorrow MD might get them back. But I also get worried because MoFi has had a few issues of "restocks" that were just website errors. So I'm just waiting to cancel from MD...I got a confirmation from MoFi but we'll see!

I'd say that from the last few restocks, MoFi gets them first, then later tonight or tomorrow MD might get them back. But I also get worried because MoFi has had a few issues of "restocks" that were just website errors. So I'm just waiting to cancel from MD...I got a confirmation from MoFi but we'll see!
Fuck!!! Sold out

Same. I placed my order 3-4 months ago, and I'm hoping the repress doesn't take much longer.
Same here! I have quite a few MoFis on backorder...Blues for Allah, Blonde on Blonde, Pearl regular MoFi and Mars Hotel. I noticed that Mars is listed as shippable for me on MD but I had 2 other albums in that order that are backordered so not sure if they wait to ship or not.

Back