The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

IMO most live Dead on vinyl is futile due to the nature of the shows and the side splits. Things like Europe 72, Skull and Roses, and The Warfield 80 set are examples of sets where that's not the case, but I find much more enjoyment out of listening to full shows on etree than getting up and flipping a record midway through a jam.

IMO most live Dead on vinyl is futile due to the nature of the shows and the side splits. Things like Europe 72, Skull and Roses, and The Warfield 80 set are examples of sets where that's not the case, but I find much more enjoyment out of listening to full shows on etree than getting up and flipping a record midway through a jam.
There's a Roku channel that I believe links up with etree or Live Archive and you can search and stream hundreds of Dead Shows. Search by year and date. It's quite nice. It's audio only, no vids.

There's a Roku channel that I believe links up with etree or Live Archive and you can search and stream hundreds of Dead Shows. Search by year and date. It's quite nice. It's audio only, no vids.
I use the Relisten app on my iphone, works the same way and lets you download any show for offline listening.

Yeah, Relisten is great. I like the simplicity of the etree app since I've been using it forever and it pretty much still looks like 2009 haha.

Since it seems like a lot of folks are newish to the band, happy to share some of my favorite shows if anyone's interested.

Yeah, Relisten is great. I like the simplicity of the etree app since I've been using it forever and it pretty much still looks like 2009 haha.

Since it seems like a lot of folks are newish to the band, happy to share some of my favorite shows if anyone's interested.
I love the feature on Relisten that tells you which shows were played on that day (for example, right now it's showing me that the Dead only played two shows--in 67 and 68--on Jan 27). It helps narrow down the vast universe of shows when I don't know what I want to listen to.

if it is the one im thinking of, I used to use that regularly but they killed it about a year or so ago :cry: It was awesome.

Yep, it was sitting right text to 3/29/90, the Branford Marsalis show. It was in good company!
This is such a great show. I actually got to meet Branford once after a show he had in Miami and purposefully wore a Dead shirt. He was super nice and when he saw my shirt he mentioned that it was really fun playing with the dead and that they were really great musicians. It was a great night for 20 year old Matt

Still will be cheaper at Real Gone once it's released around Feb 1.

$150

$150
nice! I always forget that Real Gone sells Dicks Picks

$150
Yes...this is the way to go:)

A few questions I saw on the Two and Three from the Vault....they are not limited. Also, if you order now you won’t get them until June. :( I emailed LITA for clarification.

Also, another app for GD, ‘DeadSpread’ is pretty cool.

Last thing...anyone listened to the podcast ‘Dead and Gone’? It’s about murders from Rainbow Village and has a lot of GD content. Really cool podcast.

Last edited:
Back