The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Just signed up for a Dave's Picks subscription for next year on a whim.

Yes I have been drinking, why do you ask?

Hoping it's worth it.
I did the same thing. At $25 bucks a piece they are a steal. Even if you don't dig one or two they sell for way more on the secondary market and you will easily get your money back. I am pumped. This is my first year doing it!

I did the same thing. At $25 bucks a piece they are a steal. Even if you don't dig one or two they sell for way more on the secondary market and you will easily get your money back. I am pumped. This is my first year doing it!
Hell yeah man. Been doing it for years and took last year off and almost immediately regretted it. The second release is a Miami show that I’ve loved, I’m also from Miami, and I ended up getting it for like 40 bucks a la carte because dead.net shipping sucks. Also, bummed to miss out on that 4 CD 87 set. But definitely the right move

My local had a ton of Dead today...I believe OG presses of Europe 72, Reckoning, Wake of the Flood, Without A Net, Skull and Roses and a bunch of others...I held strong though and didn't buy anything (some were pretty pricey).

My local had a ton of Dead today...I believe OG presses of Europe 72, Reckoning, Wake of the Flood, Without A Net, Skull and Roses and a bunch of others...I held strong though and didn't buy anything (some were pretty pricey).
How much was WAN?

I think he wanted $120 for it. It was in shrink but opened and I didn't look at the condition out of fear of being tempted to buy it haha.
Damn. Yeah, that’s a pretty penny man. Weird seeing it in the wild, but even a completist has to be a realist sometimes

Without a Net is pretty good and captures probably the last really on fire run the band had, but with the amount of readily available, free live material to listen to, spending that much money on a Dead live album just seems kind of foolish.

Without a Net is pretty good and captures probably the last really on fire run the band had, but with the amount of readily available, free live material to listen to, spending that much money on a Dead live album just seems kind of foolish.
I agree. I'm by no means a Dead completionist either but it was kinda cool to see one out in the wild!

I agree. I'm by no means a Dead completionist either but it was kinda cool to see one out in the wild!
yeah, there's a shop by my office (back when we had offices) that's had a copy for the past four years and it's priced at $225. No one's ever going to buy it at that price, so what's the point.

I asked in the anthology page, does anyone have digital versions of the albums in the vmp box they can share with me? I have WMD and AB but need the other 6.

UK lot may want to keep an eye on this. I bought one from this seller a while back for £50 and it looks like they've at least one more in. When I got mine I was the only bidder. (and it was new. Came in pizza box and inner was still sealed)

UK lot may want to keep an eye on this. I bought one from this seller a while back for £50 and it looks like they've at least one more in. When I got mine I was the only bidder. (and it was new. Came in pizza box and inner was still sealed)

I mean even that buy it now price is a steal.

Totally agree. I'm happy to dig my box out and put up done pics in case anyone is unsure. But yeah. It's an absolute bargain
Packaging is awesome, sound quality is great. The artists and covers are mostly fantastic. I found it was a good entry way into the Dead personally!

Yeah I got the vinyl set of Day of the Dead earlier on in the pandemic and used it a lot as a go-to to feel good. I had the CD set since it came out but slept on the vinyl for too long. It's gorgeous looking and sounding.

Yeah I got the vinyl set of Day of the Dead earlier on in the pandemic and used it a lot as a go-to to feel good. I had the CD set since it came out but slept on the vinyl for too long. It's gorgeous looking and sounding.
I think we bought ours around the same time if I recall correctly. Somebody posted the box in the monthly challenge thread I think and got me listening to it and then glad I bought the vinyl.

I bit on Day of the Dead a few weeks ago off discogs for $125. Been eyeing it for awhile and that seemed like a pretty reasonable price.

Back