The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

For the curious, I think:

Dick's Picks 28, 29, and 31

Road Trips 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3

Are all essential listening.

One From The Vault repress up for preorder over at Light in the Attic. One of my favorite releases, I missed out on the Vinyl last time. Not going to make the same mistake again.

One From The Vault repress up for preorder over at Light in the Attic. One of my favorite releases, I missed out on the Vinyl last time. Not going to make the same mistake again.

THANK YOU, just emailed my local to tell him to keep an eye out for me. Would be awesome if they did 2 and 3 as well.

Last edited:

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 4.16.58 PM.png

One of only 4 shows played in 75, debuting most/all of the Blues for Allah material. I'm a sucker for Help On The Way --> Slipknot --> Franklins Tower, and this version is a slow, jazzy groove.
I'm a bit confused by this though because wasn't this pressed in 2013 in the US as well? And this seems like the same exact reissue?

Did they repress? Or just have more copies coming out hopefully?

I'm a bit confused by this though because wasn't this pressed in 2013 in the US as well? And this seems like the same exact reissue?

Did they repress? Or just have more copies coming out hopefully?

I guess I was thinking it's the same thing. They are pressing more copies - would this be a reissue then?

Which Garcia/Grisman albums have been pressed on vinyl? From a few minutes of Discogs research, all I could find was "Garcia/Grisman" and Shady Grove.

I have this, it sounds great and is the rare GD show that I think is a natural fit for vinyl. I'd say it is Essential and a great next step after Workingman's/American Beauty for newbies.

I have this, it sounds great and is the rare GD show that I think is a natural fit for vinyl. I'd say it is Essential and a great next step after Workingman's/American Beauty for newbies.
I just received the Workingman's MoFi today...got American Beauty a few weeks ago and Blues for Allah Rhino repress is en route.....listening to this live show now and it's pretty awesome...

I just received the Workingman's MoFi today...got American Beauty a few weeks ago and Blues for Allah Rhino repress is en route.....listening to this live show now and it's pretty awesome...
Its a great album because it is as polished and technical as the Dead ever got and shorter than most shows, while still having the improvisational spirit and chops of peak era Dead. Certainly there are shows that I prefer, but I have nothing bad to say about 8/13/75 at all.

Back