The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Goddamn it, no Toronto again. Seems like they play the same cities and venues every tour.
It's certainly some every year, some every two years. There isn't as much inventiveness with the touring spots, but at their age, I get why they want to play the same places they know.

Grabbed my tickets for Blossom. My brother bailed to try to get Wrigley tickets, which I don't blame him since Blossom is on a Monday and he'd be driving up from Columbus. I have a feeling it's gonna sell out on him though.

If anyone has trouble selecting seats, the desktop site sucks and I was only able to get it to work on mobile.

snagged four for the second Wrigley show yesterday in my preferred spot (200s, under the overhang in case it rains). if it's anything like last year, it'll be crazy easy to get good seats for either show week of, but i like to have at least one night in hand.

Not sure if anyone is interested in posters, but Bottleneck Gallery has a timed edition that ends in about 8 hours. It comes with a really cool 6x6 print, too!
Screenshot_20200216-122344_Gallery.jpg
stealie_badge_0c1ed594-177f-4009-8344-0a09c3efc31f_800x.png

NP: 2/18/71, Capitol Theater. Lots of first timers from a great show. Bertha, Loser, Greatest Story Ever Told, Wharf Rat, and Johnny B. Goode all got played for the first time.

Edited to add another link from the Capitol Theater website regarding the 6 '71 shows. I forgot the same run had the ESP test on Feb 20th.

Last edited:
Looking for recommendations for covers of Dead songs, preferably studio versions on Spotify for a playlist I'm making. I'm familiar with Deadicated & Day of the Dead, but wondering if there are others I'm missing out on.

Whole RSD list leaked over at Steve Hoffman. Buffalo is confirmed: 20200302-154541-resized-1

Cover looks great and I'm sure it'll be packaged similarly to the Cornell box, but I'm sure it'll be priced at a premium. If it's around the same cost as the entire Get Shown the Light CD set I might just grab that; not sure I need more than one of the shows on vinyl...

This Bird Song is pretty incredible with the harp
that's my girl Mikaela Davis who sits in with them! I play her in JQBX sometimes, check her group out if you like harps + angelic voice.

Back