The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

True. I was mainly kinda excited about the bit where he talked about wanting to go into the studio with Dead & Company. I would love to hear what they come up with.

I actually posted my comment right before he went into all of that! I'd also be very excited in that. Also the opera that he's working on with Dave Cobb too. Glad he's staying busy - hopefully using the down time not touring to get some of those things together.

Basically a Grateful Dead album when you look at the credits

View attachment 36819
This album is incredible.
Almost spiritual in how beautiful some moments are within.

Made me just remember about this cut left off, or perhaps it was of a different session.
This song is gorgeous

Song doesn’t really begin until 1:25-1:30

Fuck this is great. The dude arguing that he's being exploited by being filmed for this and wants to bet the other guy that he won't go see it when it comes out is hilarious. I can't hear Sugar Magnolia and start grinning like a child.

From Dead & Co's FB Page:

Stay at home this weekend and tune in to “One More Saturday Night”, a new weekly #CouchTour series featuring your favorite Dead & Company shows, streamed for FREE.

We’re kicking things off with 2017’s December 2nd show at Austin, TX’s Frank Erwin Center this Saturday evening at 8pm EDT / 5pm PDT on nugs.tv and here on Facebook. 🛋

Hi all. One of my favorite albums has always been the self-titled "Jerry Garcia Band" which I gather is from '90 ('91?) -- and I don't think it's ever been on vinyl. Can anyone give me guidance on a good place to start? Is it Electric on the Eel?

Quick follow-ups:
How good are the vinyl presses of the Garcia Band sets?
How good are the vinyl Dead live sets in general and how is the sound quality?
How good is the sounds on the 24/88 sets that I can download from Family Provisions?

Note -- if the better show isn't available on vinyl -- I'll live with it :). Thanks!

Besides the mofi, any particular pressing of shakedown street is recommended?

also ...any recommendations on what live albums are great sounding? I have live, Europe vol 1 and 2, Cornell box, and steal your face so far

The MoFi Skulls and Roses sounds awesome. The recent Rhino reissue of Live Dead sounds great. All of their box sets sound pretty good on vinyl (I have both Fillmore West sets, Dicks Picks 8, and the Portland 74 set in addition to Cornell). I'm very familiar with their output and own most everything on either on CD or digitally if you need suggestions for quality of specific shows.

The MoFi Skulls and Roses sounds awesome. The recent Rhino reissue of Live Dead sounds great. All of their box sets sound pretty good on vinyl (I have both Fillmore West sets, Dicks Picks 8, and the Portland 74 set in addition to Cornell). I'm very familiar with their output and own most everything on either on CD or digitally if you need suggestions for quality of specific shows.
Are those Fillmores and Portland worth it?

also how are....

one from the vault
Winter land 71 rsd release

Besides the mofi, any particular pressing of shakedown street is recommended?

also ...any recommendations on what live albums are great sounding? I have live, Europe vol 1 and 2, Cornell box, and steal your face so far

I really enjoy the Analogue Productions edition of Reckoning I have.

Are those Fillmores and Portland worth it?

also how are....

one from the vault
Winter land 71 rsd release
Oh, I forgot that I have One From The Vault on vinyl too. I'd definitely recommend that one. I think 2/28/69 is the most essential of the two Fillmore sets. The Dark Star on 2/27 is better, but it is the same one on Live Dead. Portland is great, but Side C has some vocal issues and it is a long show on vinyl. The Truckin is one of the best ever though and features a transcendent jam.

Back