The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

just looked at how this brokedown by track sides and the record with Playing>Uncle>Morning Dew>Uncle>Playing is conceptually my ideal LP. I love those Playing/Uncle sandwiches...

Damn this is sexy. Have the shady grove mofi and it is stunning. What are the two Mars hotels?
The Yellow header is the recent 45rpm cut that MFSL put out at the end of 2019. It's from a safety copy of the original master, hence the "Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab" labeling instead of "Original Master Recording". The green header is the 1984 pressing (presumably still from the original tapes at that point).

2019: Grateful Dead* - From The Mars Hotel

1984: Grateful Dead* - From The Mars Hotel

Steven Hyden, the dude from the Celebration Rock podcast:

"Big news: I'm hosting a new Grateful Dead podcast w/ jam god @robmitchum. It's called 36 From The Vault will cover every volume of the legendary Dick's Picks series. First episode drops on Jan. 15. Be sure to subscribe wherever you pod. Here's the trailer. ‎36 From the Vault on Apple Podcasts"

Could be interesting! I follow Mitchum on Twitter and he seems like an insanely knowledgeable Deadhead.

The Yellow header is the recent 45rpm cut that MFSL put out at the end of 2019. It's from a safety copy of the original master, hence the "Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab" labeling instead of "Original Master Recording". The green header is the 1984 pressing (presumably still from the original tapes at that point).

2019: Grateful Dead* - From The Mars Hotel

1984: Grateful Dead* - From The Mars Hotel

My dad just sent me a copy of the 1984 pressing that he got at a garage sale. He got a bunch of other albums for me there, including 15 or so Dead/Garcia albums. This version of Mars Hotel is definitely the jewel of the bunch though.

Very ex
Steven Hyden, the dude from the Celebration Rock podcast:

"Big news: I'm hosting a new Grateful Dead podcast w/ jam god @robmitchum. It's called 36 From The Vault will cover every volume of the legendary Dick's Picks series. First episode drops on Jan. 15. Be sure to subscribe wherever you pod. Here's the trailer. ‎36 From the Vault on Apple Podcasts"

Could be interesting! I follow Mitchum on Twitter and he seems like an insanely knowledgeable Deadhead.
really looking forward to this. Big fan of his books and podcasts (his Pearl Jam/Springsteen anthology podcasts are fantastic) and can’t wait to hear this discussion and have an excuse to relisten to some great shows by my all-time favorite band

really looking forward to this. Big fan of his books and podcasts (his Pearl Jam/Springsteen anthology podcasts are fantastic) and can’t wait to hear this discussion and have an excuse to relisten to some great shows by my all-time favorite band

Off topic, but what's the name of the Pearl Jam podcast?

Here's the Dead/Garcia portion of what my dad found at a garage sale. Actually, the guy had a bunch of Dead CD's out, and my dad asked him if he had any vinyl. He pulled a crate out of his basement and sold him the lot at a steal, then my dad shipped it cross country to me for a christmas present.

A few duplicates of what I already had, but these are in much better shape than the ones I already had.

Also, I realized Garcia/Saunders Live at Keystone isn't in the picture. That was included too.

image0.jpeg

Im new to the Grateful Dead in the last month or so. Picked up American Beauty fairly cheap and then saw Amazon had this on sale for £30 so bought it -

Loving them so far!

I blame the recent pickup from the PIF thread (forgot who offered it up too😢 )

I grabbed the greatest hits off of there and I’ve always had a soft spot since college for the dead, but never had anything on vinyl.

Well, because of the PIF, I’m going down the worm hole now😳

All this week...(left like was last weekend, still in shrink older pressings, on the right are all recent RTI I grabbed today)
image.jpg

I blame the recent pickup from the PIF thread (forgot who offered it up too😢 )

I grabbed the greatest hits off of there and I’ve always had a soft spot since college for the dead, but never had anything on vinyl.

Well, because of the PIF, I’m going down the worm hole now😳

All this week...(left like was last weekend, still in shrink older pressings, on the right are all recent RTI I grabbed today)
View attachment 29823
Those RTI represses are so damn good.
They sound just as good as some originals I have.

“The bus came by and I got on, that’s when it all began...”

Back