The Funhouse - The Punks are all right

2007-2010 “early internet days” 😂😂😂

I remember the old school message boards back when we got our first dial up modem connection in 2000 lol. I used to frequent the melody maker one and chat to my mates on aol messenger whilst downloading on Napster 😂

I used a text-only BBS during college, 1987-88. No computer audio files then!
I was the first in my neighborhood to get Prodigy in '89. I miss that weird precursor to the internet. It was pure text based strangeness. Great times were had.

First time I saw them was maybe a year or two before Dennis Danell passed away. It was at a festival in downtown San Diego. Two memories that stick with me.

1) Losing a birkenstock in the mosh pit. Wearing those was probably not the best idea in retrospect.
2) A kid looking at me and saying "You like Social Distortion? You're Old!". This was 30 years ago, when I was in my 20's. I wonder if that kid still listens to them. I sure do.
Saw Social D open for Neil Young and Crazy Horse on the Ragged Glory tour at the San Diego Sports Arena. One thing that sticks in my mind about Social D's set was that Mike Ness must've had a cold or something, because I've never seen anyone spit so much in my entire life.

Saw Social D open for Neil Young and Crazy Horse on the Ragged Glory tour at the San Diego Sports Arena. One thing that sticks in my mind about Social D's set was that Mike Ness must've had a cold or something, because I've never seen anyone spit so much in my entire life.
That reminds me of a show I saw a few years ago at the Belly Up in Solana Beach.

Walter Lure, Clem Burke, Glen Matlock, and Mike Ness playing Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers ~ LAMF. Was a hell of show. The one they played in New York is here:

I work with a guy from Brazil at my new job and we've been listening to a lot of Ramones, Bad Religion and Black Sabbath. I decided to download a bunch of Brazilian rock and punk last night, sound unheard, to play today - this one has been the absolute winner so far!

R-5900657-1405813071-8533.jpg

That reminds me of a show I saw a few years ago at the Belly Up in Solana Beach.

Walter Lure, Clem Burke, Glen Matlock, and Mike Ness playing Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers ~ LAMF. Was a hell of show. The one they played in New York is here:

Saw The Buzzcocks play The Belly-Up. What a show that was!

I work with a guy from Brazil at my new job and we've been listening to a lot of Ramones, Bad Religion and Black Sabbath. I decided to download a bunch of Brazilian rock and punk last night, sound unheard, to play today - this one has been the absolute winner so far!

View attachment 129373

OMFG, yes!

What else did you listen to?

Back