The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

True, a good rivalry is fun. But man, it was one sided for so long. I have to say, good management over there in GB, they are never down long.
Yeah I honestly wanted them to clean house so I could get the Rodgers vaccine fraud complacently head office criminals out, but that's not going to happen so I'll just have to be happy with fucknuts swift cosmic retribution.

I was hoping the Pack would suck for at least a couple years so the Lions could reign. Doesn't look that way.
Nah, I still don’t think Jordan Love is special. I think he is good but not great.

Also, Aaron Jones vs Josh Jacobs. I don’t feel is a huge upgrade. He’s a bit younger but their productivity was similar.

What do you think happens with Fields?
He gets traded to the Broncos or another team with a questions at QB for a 5th or 6th round pick.

I have been happy with the Bears offseason overall but they seriously overvalued JF1 and now there aren’t many places left for him to go. He is arguable a better QB than Sam Darnold and Gardner Menchu but apparently not enough that other teams were willing to give up whatever the Bears were asking. It’s kind of a bummer for Fields because while I support the Bears moving on to Caleb JF1 will likely be stuck as a back up for the foreseeable future.

He gets traded to the Broncos or another team with a questions at QB for a 5th or 6th round pick.

I have been happy with the Bears offseason overall but they seriously overvalued JF1 and now there aren’t many places left for him to go. He is arguable a better QB than Sam Darnold and Gardner Menchu but apparently not enough that other teams were willing to give up whatever the Bears were asking. It’s kind of a bummer for Fields because while I support the Bears moving on to Caleb JF1 will likely be stuck as a back up for the foreseeable future.
As a Bears fan, are you excited for Caleb? Do you think there is a scenario where they don't take him?

As a Bears fan, are you excited for Caleb? Do you think there is a scenario where they don't take him?
I am as excited about this pick as I could be as a Bears fan that hasn’t had any exceptional QB’s drafted in my lifetime. I was pretty excited about Fields, disappointed in the Trubisky pick, and beyond that we are talking about QBs like Cade McNown, and Rex Grossman. At this point I don’t think Fields is the guy unfortunately so picking the QB that is not only the consensus number one pick of this years draft but would have been the first pick in last years draft and would be the first pick in next years draft had he decided to stay in college for another season seems like it’s worth the gamble. If they miss again so be it but if they hit this team has a solid foundation in place and things could turn into something special really fast.

Back