The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I’m nervous!! Playing in the Superdome is no joke. Hoping for a great game like our last game vs the Ravens
The Saints have clinched NFC South. So I guess they're playing for home field advantage now.

Have the 49ers clinched yet?

And yeah, I'm nervous too. That dome is going to be on fire. But the Saints just always make me nervous. Because even when they are playing amazingly, they'll do something like get blown the eff out by the lowly Falcons.

Although the revenge game was quite fun. Cam Jordon pushing Matt Ryan aside like he was a rag doll made me giggle.

So many opportunities for the refs to screw the Saints yet again. ;) But yes, what a wild ride it is going to be. Seahawks, Saints, 49ers all looking pretty darn great!
Yeah they look like the top teams, but I think the Packers or even Vikings could beat anyone depending on what team shows up on that day. Even the Cowboys/eagles could easily get an upset with that first round home game

Yeah they look like the top teams, but I think the Packers or even Vikings could beat anyone depending on what team shows up on that day. Even the Cowboys/eagles could easily get an upset with that first round home game

I agree with the Packers or Vikings. I just don't see it with the Cowboys. They fell apart on Thanksgiving. Possibly the Eagles. I don't think Zach will have another bad game this season. But I haven't seen them really play so they could be the team that surprises me.

Last edited:
The Saints have clinched NFC South. So I guess they're playing for home field advantage now.

And yeah, I'm nervous too. That dome is going to be on fire. But the Saints just always make me nervous. Because even when they are playing amazingly, they'll do something like get blown the eff out by the lowly Falcons.

Although the revenge game was quite fun. Cam Jordon pushing Matt Ryan aside like he was a rag doll made me giggle.
Not even close. Seahawks are tied with them.
Yeah, Niners could be anywhere from the 1 seed to the 5 seed (I doubt they'd fall to 6) And @CrazyDiamond84 is correct, they could get stuck travelling to Dallas or Philly for a wild card game even with a fantastic record.

I have a decent feeling about this Sunday's game as the Niners have been great against pocket passers...and if we do pull this one out it looks like our final game against the Seahawks will be for the division and possibly #1 seed.

Yeah, Niners could be anywhere from the 1 seed to the 5 seed (I doubt they'd fall to 6) And @CrazyDiamond84 is correct, they could get stuck travelling to Dallas or Philly for a wild card game even with a fantastic record.

I have a decent feeling about this Sunday's game as the Niners have been great against pocket passers...and if we do pull this one out it looks like our final game against the Seahawks will be for the division and possibly #1 seed.
I really hope neither team losses until that week 17 game. Nothing like a game for the division between two 10+ win teams, and I'd love to watch a 13-3 team have to travel to face the winner of the NFC (L)East

they'll do something like get blown the eff out by the lowly Falcons

Rivalry games are so weird, records and objective team strength mean nothing once you sprinkle some rivalry magic into the mix. I was worried going into that game that we were gonna tank it, just because it's the Falcons and sometimes we do that when we play them. Let's just hope it was a fluke :)

They're playing for home field advantage + bye week, or as my husband put it, one less week for the refs to try to screw us. We need this bye-week, cause you know Goddell doesn't want the Saints anywhere near the Superbowl when there are so many more lucrative markets that could be tapped--or at least that's what he thinks (e.g. the no call on the Rams because the NFL really, really, really wanted to sell NFL football to Los Angeles).

@tvham this game is going to be intense, but y'all aren't allowed to win. The refs hate the Saints way more than y'all.

Back