The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Colts, Bengals, Titans, Chargers are the 4 teams I wouldn't mind coming out of the AFC..in that order. If not the Packers, then the Rams would be the only other team out of the NFC! Colts only because of JT. With all the great rbs that came out of WI, it's exciting to finally see one be dominant in the NFL. Bengals are pretty fun to watch, though!

Niners!!! Fantastic comeback win, and now we face our all time nemesis in the Cowboys.
I am a shadowy reflection of you.

2bc25662-b7b1-4600-9ab4-2dbc3a88b4e5_screenshot.jpg

Excited to renew the rivalry with our west coast former foe.

I love your stadium, and am jealous of the Micah Parson pick (he's a stud) other than that, I'm ready to renew that rivalry!! Been watching the Joe Montana documentary to remind me of those great 80's matchups.
I didn’t even realize there was much of a rivalry in the 80s between the two. I thought the Cowboys were terrible in the 80s while the 49ers were arguably the team of the 1980s. The early 90s though was a another story; 92, 93, and 94 those Cowboy vs 49ers NFC Championship games were basically Super Bowl and the amount of star players that switched locker rooms during that time time; Charles Haley, Deion Sanders; Ken Norton, Jr., led to some heated battles. I am glad Young, Rice, and Seifert were able to win that 94 Super Bowl, they deserved the recognition. It they hadn’t they woulda ended up like the Knicks or Pacers during the Bulls run.

Last edited:
I love your stadium, and am jealous of the Micah Parson pick (he's a stud) other than that, I'm ready to renew that rivalry!! Been watching the Joe Montana documentary to remind me of those great 80's matchups.
I hate that stadium. It sucks all the life out of any game. It's too cavernous and the dumb TV makes everyone look up at it instead of on the field. Watch when you play us and they do a close up of the crowd as a play happens. They will mostly being looking upward even if they are field level. I miss Texas Stadium, even if it was a toilet.
I didn’t even realize there was much of a rivalry in the 80s between the two. I thought the Cowboys were terrible in the 80s while the 49ers were arguably the team of the 1980s. The early 90s though was a another story; 92, 93, and 94 those Cowboy vs 49ers NFC Championship games were basically Super Bowl and the amount of star players that switched locker rooms during that time time; Charles Haley, Deon Sanders; Ken Norton, Jr., led to some heated battles. I am glad Young, Rice, and Seifert were able to win that 94 Super Bowl, they deserved the recognition. It they hadn’t they woulda ended up like the Knicks or Pacers during the Bulls run.
The 49ers officially ended the Cowboys playoff run back with Danny White in the early 80s. Granted, Cowboys couldn't get past the Steelers at that point so it didn't matter. The game with the 49ers will be almost to the day 40 years ago that "The Catch" happened. Early 90s was the zenith of my sports consciousness as an NFL fan. That epic slugfest in the mud against the 49ers at Candlestick back in 93 to get to our first Super Bowl in Pasadena at the greatest sports venue in our nation can't be topped in my mind. 49ers ruined out 3 peat thanks to Deion.

I didn’t even realize there was much of a rivalry in the 80s between the two. I thought the Cowboys were terrible in the 80s while the 49ers were arguably the team of the 1980s. The early 90s though was a another story; 92, 93, and 94 those Cowboy vs 49ers NFC Championship games were basically Super Bowl and the amount of star players that switched locker rooms during that time time; Charles Haley, Deion Sanders; Ken Norton, Jr., led to some heated battles. I am glad Young, Rice, and Seifert were able to win that 94 Super Bowl, they deserved the recognition. It they hadn’t they woulda ended up like the Knicks or Pacers during the Bulls run.
Actually the Niners were terrible in the late 70's while the Cowboys were dominating and knocking the Cowboys off in the NFC Championship game in 1981 started them on their run. To me they will always be our biggest rival while more recent fans might say it's the Seahawks or Packers.

I hate that stadium. It sucks all the life out of any game. It's too cavernous and the dumb TV makes everyone look up at it instead of on the field. Watch when you play us and they do a close up of the crowd as a play happens. They will mostly being looking upward even if they are field level. I miss Texas Stadium, even if it was a toilet.

The 49ers officially ended the Cowboys playoff run back with Danny White in the early 80s. Granted, Cowboys couldn't get past the Steelers at that point so it didn't matter. The game with the 49ers will be almost to the day 40 years ago that "The Catch" happened. Early 90s was the zenith of my sports consciousness as an NFL fan. That epic slugfest in the mud against the 49ers at Candlestick back in 93 to get to our first Super Bowl in Pasadena at the greatest sports venue in our nation can't be topped in my mind. 49ers ruined out 3 peat thanks to Deion.
I've only been to your stadium for a concert and loved it, nice to hear it might not be that big of a home field advantage this weekend 😀

Back