The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I mean, the Lions are bad at full strength. But on Sunday they played without 22 players...that's over 40% of their roster.
This was from some Covid cases, some new injuries and their lengthy IR list. That #1 overall pick is looking almost like a lock.

“So you’re telling me there are TWO halves to a football game!?!!”

I saw that the Bears were up, went to bed, woke up and wasn't exactly astonished they lost.
What are they lacking? Is it coaching?

I mean, the Lions are bad at full strength. But on Sunday they played without 22 players...that's over 40% of their roster.
This was from some Covid cases, some new injuries and their lengthy IR list. That #1 overall pick is looking almost like a lock.

I saw that the Bears were up, went to bed, woke up and wasn't exactly astonished they lost.
Is everything an acceptable answer?

Nagy is “All hat, no cattle” he says the right things but his actual coaching ability is lacking. His offense only works if he has all the right pieces and he seems incapable of adjusting to the team he has. Which brings us to the other problem, the GM, he has not done a good job with surrounding him with the pieces that Nagy or Fields needs to be successful. Pace seems to to be okay at evaluating defensive talent but he has missed a lot when it comes to bringing in the top offensive personnel, especially the O-Line.

May i present you Hue Jackson ?
I don’t think anyone thought he was gonna save the franchise the way they thought Urban Meyer would. I mean the Bears hired CFL coach Marc Trestman, the 49ers had mouth-breather Jim Tomsulo as HC for a season, and what about The Giants, Ben “See, I can grow a mustache” McAdoo tenure. Really, the ineptitude that has been the HC between The Bears, The Browns, and The Lions over the past 30+ years is tough to rival.

Still I can’t think of any that were high profile bombs in the way that Meyer bombed. Even Steve Spurrier, Nick Sabin, and Chip Kelly; though disappointments, weren’t completely flameouts they just didn’t live up to the heavy expectations.

Back