The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

But seriously I hope the lions get a win soon for multiple reasons. Most importantly the eagles own Miami's 1st rd pick so any chance it could get better is worth rooting for. They seem to play hard despite having an obvious lack of talent and they've had so many "moral victories" I'd like them get a real one. Plus the Eagles already whooped on them so I'm free from hoping they lose.

But seriously I hope the lions get a win soon for multiple reasons. Most importantly the eagles own Miami's 1st rd pick so any chance it could get better is worth rooting for. They seem to play hard despite having an obvious lack of talent and they've had so many "moral victories" I'd like them get a real one. Plus the Eagles already whooped on them so I'm free from hoping they lose.
I feel the same. Dan Campbell has them playing hard they just as a dearth of talent and Jared Goff is not an NFL level starter without McVey in his helmet. I root for the Lions every game except when the play The Bears.

Last edited:
WTF! The Lions kicker is garbage.
Yeah, who knew losing their mediocre starting kicker (Seibert) would hurt them.
I'd love to see them get a W for Campbell, but wow, Goff is so bad I'm not sure it can happen with him. I think any of the other 31 QB1s would have helped them to a win yesterday. Even his 4 yard passes seem late, reluctant and wobbly.

Since Goff is banged up, (oblique strain) maybe they let Blough or even Boyle start this week, how bad could it be?

The Lions found yet another way to lose. Fun times.

its frustrating, you should have won last week too against the corpse of Baker Mayfield.

this is like watching the Browns a few years back . i hope the Lions can get it right again.
those pre snap penalties and holds .... headcoach looks overwhelmed at times

its frustrating, you should have won last week too against the corpse of Baker Mayfield.

this is like watching the Browns a few years back . i hope the Lions can get it right again.
those pre snap penalties and holds .... headcoach looks overwhelmed at times
Yeah, Campbell is out of his league. This city knows he has a free pass this year because they ditched Staffy and more. But I fear this will get towards an 0-8 start next year...then it’s time to start over yet again. Ownership doesn’t seem to make good hires at any level. Brad Holmes at GM is off to an ok start, but nothing to be excited about.

Yeah, Campbell is out of his league. This city knows he has a free pass this year because they ditched Staffy and more. But I fear this will get towards an 0-8 start next year...then it’s time to start over yet again. Ownership doesn’t seem to make good hires at any level. Brad Holmes at GM is off to an ok start, but nothing to be excited about.

cant believe they fired a 9-7 coach ...

Back