The February 2024 Record Challenge Thread - Silver Screen Edition Part Deux

Sunday February 25th
The 'Burbs
Mark Rumsfield: There go the Goddamn brownies!

Jeff Rosenstock "Hellmode"
(2023 Polyvinyl)
Not necessarily the case in these parts, but definitely so in the greater community. Continuously releases fun and well crafted records with interesting lyrics and deserves to be appreciated more widely.

IMG_0905.JPG

Saturday February 24th
Say Anything
Lloyd Dobler: "I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?"
Joe: "By choice, man."

Run The Jewels – Run The Jewels 3
20240225_152355.jpg

"Don't get captured" is solid advice to live by!

Day 25
IMG_6476.jpeg
Orb - Live ‘93

Possibly because we are a vinyl community, feels like Orb isn’t really talked about much around here/anywhere these days.

This is one of my favorite live albums and I love the nod to the cover of Floyd’s Animals.

Seeing Orb in 95 was a trip (in multiple ways) and a conversation that would be better had in person.

Anyhow, I’m gonna go float on some Little Fluffy Clouds for a bit.

Day 25
View attachment 196150
Orb - Live ‘93

Possibly because we are a vinyl community, feels like Orb isn’t really talked about much around here/anywhere these days.

This is one of my favorite live albums and I love the nod to the cover of Floyd’s Animals.

Seeing Orb in 95 was a trip (in multiple ways) and a conversation that would be better had in person.

Anyhow, I’m gonna go float on some Little Fluffy Clouds for a bit.

"Perpetual Dawn" is an all-timer too.

Sunday February 25th
The 'Burbs

Play an artist or album you feel is underground or underappreciated

I found Kae Tempest through The Comet is Coming, they are featured on the track "Blood of the Past". Made me search out this album that I don't see getting spun much here (nor in my suburbs). Great beats and lyrics.

Kae Tempest ~ Let Them Eat Chaos

IMG_6099.jpeg

Monday February 26th
Killers of the Flower Moon
Minnie: [on Ernest] He wants our money.
Mollie Burkhart: Of course he wants money. But he also wants to be settled. He's not restless.
Reta: His uncle has money. It's not money he wants. He loves you.

New Order "Power, Corruption and Lies"
(1983 Factory Canada)

IMG_0906.JPG

Back