The February 2024 Record Challenge Thread - Silver Screen Edition Part Deux

Saturday February 24th
Say Anything
Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?
Joe: By choice, man.

A couple songs on this one fit perfectly...

Devo - Freedom Of Choice

IMG_4421.jpeg

Hi y'all

Let's see how much I can catch up

Monday February 5th
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Ferris Bueller: "Live moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you might miss it."

Because they went to a ball game in the movie

The Baseball Project - Vol 1

IMG_6697.jpeg

Saturday February 24th
Say Anything
Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?

DEVO "Freedom Of Choice"
(1980 Warner Brothers; 2016 reissue)
As a wise man on my Much Music once said, "When a problem comes along, you must whip it, whip it good.".

IMG_0903.JPG

Saturday February 24th
Say Anything

A couple songs on this one fit perfectly...

Devo - Freedom Of Choice

View attachment 195990

Oh well, fuuuuuuuuck.

Saturday February 24th
Say Anything

Phil Collins "Hello I Must Be Going"
(1982 WEA; 2016 reissue)
As the wise man on my Much Music also said "You can't hurry love, no you just have to wait. Give it trust, give it time."

IMG_0904.JPG

Thursday February 8th
Meet the Parents

Gaylord Focker - "Jack, I don't know what we're talking about"

Play an album that is in a different language than your own.

Good thing that my primary languages are Portuguese and Spanish, eh?

A change in scenery as I packed up my main setup for a listening room renovation

Yard Act - Dark Days

IMG_6702.jpeg

Friday February 9th
That Thing You Do!

Radio DJ - "Here's something new. A local Erie band's got a new record out. Just won the Mercyhurst talent show a few weeks ago. THis is Erie's own OOOOneders!"

Play a debut

I'm also packing up my records so I'll try to make do with what is still at hand.

Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted

IMG_6703.jpeg

Back