The February 2024 Record Challenge Thread - Silver Screen Edition Part Deux

Oh no....

View attachment 194375

Welp, scooped, serves me right for being late...

You're going to thank me, I guarantee it.

84ca35cb-e5ac-4402-9fed-ea83f0208302_text.gif

Friday February 2nd
Groundhog Day
Phil: "Well it's groundhog day....again."

Aesop Rock "Skelethon"
(2012 Rhymesayers Entertainment; 2020 reissue)
So when PIFsgiving came along, I ended up scoring essentially a mini-collection of Aesop Records. Three of them. Plus I picked up his most recent release around the same time. I then got the VMP ROTM from a few months back and another this week. I knew his music a bit but really didn't listen to it much. Until PIFsgiving that is. Now his records are on constant rotation. This particular one was a PIF from @avecigrec.

IMG_0865.JPG

Day 03: Forest Gump

Bob Summers - Teenage Rebellion
IMG_1657.jpeg

This is an eclectic soundtrack to an old “scared straight” style documentary from the mid 60s.

If only Jenny had seen this maybe she wouldn’t have caught the bug and Hailey Joel Osmet’s lil Forest Jr. woulda grown up with a mother.

How is this? I have yet to find a copy in the wild. I love the original.
I enjoy it about as much as the original. The songs are fully formed, and the version of Almost Cut My Hair is fantastic.

Bob Lefstetz's take on the deluxe set is well worth a read.

Saturday February 3rd
Forrest Gump
Forrest Gump: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"

Various – Songs For You, Vol. 1
20240203_190119.jpg

An eclectic compilation that includes contemporary jazz, classic soul, modern r&b and a few very different styles of hip hop. Robert Flack's cover of "What's Going On" is worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited:
Saturday February 3rd
Forrest Gump

Play an eclectic compilation.

One of my favorites...

Various – Killing Melody - Instrumental Music From Japanese Pinky Violence Movies
Ethbo Music – ETHBO 8LP, 2010

Cut by Christoph Grote-Beverborg at Dubplates & Mastering

ImkNcOS.jpg

Nwgqbq0.jpg

Back