The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

I just don’t even understand what it is for. Just buy an EVO or a hifi rose or a m66 or the eversolo. I also find the whole, I need to have something displayed over there on my stereo rack when I am controlling everything on my phone mentality confusing anyhow.

I just don’t even understand what it is for. Just buy an EVO or a hifi rose or a m66 or the eversolo. I also find the whole, I need to have something displayed over there on my stereo rack when I am controlling everything on my phone mentality confusing anyhow.
that's because you're an old man.

it's pretty much a digital now-playing stand meets an SNES.

I do get that. It’s nice to have the artwork displayed throughout the playlist or the album. I’m not holding my phone up on the control app the whole time either is playing, I’ll either put the phone down once I’ve hit play or come out of the app and be doing other stuff.

In a way it’s the same urge as having a record cover, or cd cover stand and displaying that while playing.

I would guess people that are more invested in playlist listening might be more interested in a display. Even as old as I am, it’s not very often I forget what the fuck album I put on.

I would guess people that are more invested in playlist listening might be more interested in a display. Even as old as I am, it’s not very often I forget what the fuck album I put on.

Perhaps but it’s a nice feature. I’d not buy a streamer just to have one but I’d prefer the streamer I had to have one. Plus with the eversolo and fiio type ones it is also a touch screen because they’re android devices and so you don’t even need to bother with your phone.

Perhaps but it’s a nice feature. Plus with the eversolo and fiio type ones it is also a touch screen because they’re android devices and so you don’t even need to bother with your phone.
I’m too old to learn how to use a new touchscreen device. Especially one in my console on the other side of my fucking room.

I do get their appeal, I really don’t understand what the fuck this contraption is for though. Seems like an audiophile is going to scoff at it and your more casual smart speaker user does not care. But hey… whatever floats your boat.

I’m too old to learn how to use a new touchscreen device. Especially one in my console on the other side of my fucking room.

I do get their appeal, I really don’t understand what the fuck this contraption is for though. Seems like an audiophile is going to scoff at it and your more casual smart speaker user does not care. But hey… whatever floats your boat.

On the eversolo or fiio it’s android phone os. It’s the exact same as using an android phone lol!

But yes yeah this thing is stupid. Touch screens and artwork displays aren’t.

I think it’s just a design piece for a music lover. Nothing more and nothing less. It’s for people who love Dieter Rams and people like that. Mainly just to look at and be like “oooo, pretty and kinda functional”.

As the kids (myself) say, “it’s for the vibes”

Back