The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

I think you're making fun of me. But I'm too brain-dead to tell for sure. So I'll allow it...
I think it was more of a general smarty pants-y-ness.

Reverb is cool, but not when it makes things that didn't have it sound like they have it. I'm sure it's a decay thing related to some high frequency being bumped more than actual reverb.

I think it was more of a general smarty pants-y-ness.

Reverb is cool, but not when it makes things that didn't have it sound like they have it. I'm sure it's a decay thing related to some high frequency being bumped more than actual reverb.
The key is, like anything when it's done right and tasteful. There is a HUGE natural ambience in the Gloucester Cathedral below, but I doubt anyone will argue how beautiful it is on the piece.

Vaughan Williams Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis. The BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Andrew Davis at Gloucester Cathedral, where in 1910, it was played and conducted for the first time by composer Ralph Vaughan Williams. This is possibly the finest ever performance of this most beautiful piece.

Last edited:
The key is, like anything when it's done right and tasteful

Vaughan Williams Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis. The BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Andrew Davis at Gloucester Cathedral, where in 1910, it was played and conducted for the first time by composer Ralph Vaughan Williams. This is possibly the finest ever performance of this most beautiful piece.

For sure. Room reverb is great. I don't mind saturation of reverb as an effect at times either at times.

For sure. Room reverb is great. I don't mind saturation of reverb as an effect at times either at times.
so many guitarists, synthesists, sound designers, and field recordists use it now, it has probably become overdone.

Last edited:
The key is, like anything when it's done right and tasteful. There is a HUGE natural ambience in the Gloucester Cathedral below, but I doubt anyone will argue how beautiful it is on the piece.

For my money, one of the most beautiful pieces ever written!

Hey, any of you have ever had any connection issues with BluOS? The app has been looking/searching for my player(s) for quite some time ⏲ 🤔

The old unplug/plug usually does the trick. This has happened a few times with me, usually after it did a firmware update. Funny thing is Roon would see it no problem but BluOS wouldn't
hello-it-have-you-tried.gif

not sure what the point is unless its for an older car? but you'd still need bluetooth to connect?

Yep I don’t see why unless for old car and then a 3.5mm out is more use than Bluetooth. As a recent convert to a new car with CarPlay I’m still convinced it’s the best thing since sliced bread and it does so much more…

Yep I don’t see why unless for old car and then a 3.5mm out is more use than Bluetooth. As a recent convert to a new car with CarPlay I’m still convinced it’s the best thing since sliced bread and it does so much more…
my car doesn't have carplay but might look into seeing if it's worth it to swap out our current system for it. i use my phone for GPS + music now so this device wouldn't really make any sense.

just seems like such a limited demographic for an $80 product. it needs the wifi from your phone anyway.

Back