The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

My sub of roon is until march

I'm conflicted because I love how it integrates streaming and local files as well as the UI but then I am moving much more towards streaming (just hording my local files in case I wanna listen to one album) and I kinda wonder if a cheaper solution like Plex would be better

My sub of roon is until march

I'm conflicted because I love how it integrates streaming and local files as well as the UI but then I am moving much more towards streaming (just hording my local files in case I wanna listen to one album) and I kinda wonder if a cheaper solution like Plex would be better
Plex and PlexAmp are great if you computer or phone as the music streams to it. I plays in whatever bitrate you have and with PlexAmp you can download the songs to your device for when you need to be mobile.

What Plex and PlexAmp does allow you to do is stream to an endpoint like a Bluesound Node, at least not that I can find. You can use your phone (with PlexAmp) to stream using the device but it uses Airplay and Chromecast I think.

This is my dilemma since Room works wonderfully with my Node 2i, and the BluOS app does not work well with my computer

First dibs goes to Grace! I’ve never heard of an affordable copy on vinyl that sounds good so I always kept this on CD.

Interestingly it sounds miles better at native 44.1 rather than the optional upscaling to 176.4. Maybe that will change after break in…

View attachment 157580
Congrats, Joe! May I welcome you to the CD thread ?

Congrats, Joe! May I welcome you to the CD thread ?

Thanks! And yes! I’ll be there before too long! I’ve neglected my CDs since my old Sony gave up the ghost. Im hoping that by getting back into CDs and having certain artists just on them that I should slow down the crazy vinyl spend!

Last edited:
Poor man's universal remote
remote+control+holder+-+Be+Neatly+Organized

Back