The Cure - all things big, small, and sticky sweet

I saw a couple of shows there back in the day and yeah I could only do it again if I didn’t care about being comfortable or seeing the band 😂
I've been to tons of shows there (it opened when I was in high school) and back then I didn't care. But now I'm all about comfort and at least some semblance of a view!

Got a pair for the youngest and me at Starplex. She’s over the moon as The Cure is her favorite band right now. It was The Smiths for a time. She wanted them as one of her birthday presents. Getting in with the presale was pretty easy. We did it in the car on the way to Six Flags.

We’re taking the kids with us. So strange to be able to have them see my favorite band. It won’t be my oldest’s first big concert but it will be for my youngest 😂 they’re going to see their mom go crazy
That's awesome! I hope I'll get to take my stepson to a concert one day. He's not really into music yet, partly because he has autism and sometimes loud noises don't work well (other times he loves them 🤷). Video games have a firm grip on his interests. But he'll be 16 soon and I think his interests might start expanding because he had a couple dates with a girl who has a car already and it didn't work out because he wasn't yet into things she was 😁 So it's made him more curious.

I know my wife would freak out if she could take him to see The Cure. But I think we'd have to start him off with something he was really into first, so that he'd be into it. I'm thinking of getting him a turntable for his 16th birthday so I can start introducing him to more stuff.

hopefully you'll still be able to enter into the face value ticket sale for fans who bought but can't go, and can't transfer, without being verified. i'm sure that exchange will require insane alertness to score tix, but at least it exists
Pearl Jam did the face value ticket exchange for the (soon to be postponed) Gigaton tour and it was a nightmare. Every time a pair of tix popped up, there were hundreds of people competing for them. I was always beaten. I was constantly stalking the exchange, would purposely wake up at 2-4am to try for tix. I was looking for the Baltimore show - we had two singles in diff sections, but my husband and I wanted to sit together.

As it turned out, Covid postponed the tour and then they canceled the Baltimore show because the arena is undergoing renovations. Somewhat ironically, Springsteen is re-opening the arena in a couple of weeks. I had put that show as my #1 choice when I registered for Bruce's verified fan, and well, per usual, I was waitlisted.

Apparently there is a Chase cardholder presale going on for MSG right now. When I (and two other friends) try to access it, they sent us a code that came back as invalid. But, I was able to access this presale using an old TM acct that I recently resurrected and that I did not use to register for verified fan.

So, it appears that anyone who was not verified is also blocked from the Chase presale. What kind of fuckery is that????

1678979196360.png

Apparently there is a Chase cardholder presale going on for MSG right now. When I (and two other friends) try to access it, they sent us a code that came back as invalid. But, I was able to access this presale using an old TM acct that I recently resurrected and that I did not use to register for verified fan.

So, it appears that anyone who was not verified is also blocked from the Chase presale. What kind of fuckery is that????

View attachment 169618
I just logged into Ticketmaster to see what was what.

I was a "waitlist" but never received a code.

When I logged in - I was able to get through the Queue but could not access the tickets without the password/code.

This was for MSG seats - so if they have a Chase code, then they might be able to get through to purchase seats.

I just logged into Ticketmaster to see what was what.

I was a "waitlist" but never received a code.

When I logged in - I was able to get through the Queue but could not access the tickets without the password/code.

This was for MSG seats - so if they have a Chase code, then they might be able to get through to purchase seats.
I cannot join the queue from my main TM account. I keep getting the "we need to authenticate your account" message and they text me a code, but that code is always invalid.
I can access the sales through my other account and my husband's acct (he did not register for verified)

Also, usually for Chase sales, it's just the first 6 digits of your card number or you simply need to pay with a Chase card.

We’re taking the kids with us. So strange to be able to have them see my favorite band. It won’t be my oldest’s first big concert but it will be for my youngest 😂 they’re going to see their mom go crazy
The oldest got to see Wilco, Prince, Neil Young, Punch Brothers, Kishi, Willie, Jack Johnson and Isbell with me. It’s a lot of fun if they’re into it.

I hope he sold enough tickets today to buy some shampoo. The wife wanted to get tickets for half a minute before she realized it would take effort, 😂
View attachment 169598
tenor.gif

The oldest got to see Wilco, Prince, Neil Young, Punch Brothers, Kishi, Willie, Jack Johnson and Isbell with me. It’s a lot of fun if they’re into it.
My kids' first show was Coldplay on the x&y tour (last time I saw them - they were so phenomenal in the Parachutes & A Rush of Blood to the Head tours) They were 7 and 9 at the time. They saw U2 with us on the Vertigo tour in '05 (they were more impressed with Keane as support), Death Cab with Franz Ferdinand and I know there were other shows, just drawing a blank atm. Brought our youngest to see Interpol at MSG with us because my older daughter made last minute plans and couldn't stay home, and she became my concert buddy. I took her to so many shows - Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Cage the Elephant, multiple The National shows, Bleachers, fun!, Pearl Jam and many others that I've sadly forgotten.

It's so amazing to introduce live shows to your kids. I love that both of my kids love live music and I love even more that my youngest travels to the same shows that I do and we meet up on the rail.

Awesome. We are taking my 11 and 13 year old daughters. Boston falls on Father’s Day so the family has to bend to my will!!! Hahahaha

I think they will love it.

Back