The Colemine Records rabbit hole

The cover photo contains some important 45rpm label discography clues, as the 45s seen here are in numerical order by catalog number. The following, seen in the photo, are previously undocumented and allow us to fill in some 45rpm catalog number gaps:
CLMN-196: "Slipshot" - Jungle Fire. Blue and yellow label.
CLMN-200: "Power To The People" - Durand Jones and the Indicators. Light blue label.
CLMN-202: "One And Only" - Oliver James. Yellow and white label.
CLMN-203: "For You" - Joey Quinones. White label, red lettering.
CLMN-204: "Fight On" - Harlem Gospel Travelers. Black label, silver lettering.
CLMN-205: "Come Right Back" - Wesley Bright. Blue label, silver lettering.
CLMN-208: "Last One Standing" - Monophonics. Green label with white "A" (throwback to promo copies on the Date label)
CLMN-209: "Step Down" - Sure Fire Soul Ensemble. Red and white label.

418464862018_800.jpg

I snagged a discounted copy of the Brighter Days Ahead comp from a Warehouse return, I now get why a lot of you dig these. Really cool comp, great color ways, nice jacket, I dig it.
I missed out on it, but just found (literally 15 minutes ago) an online store claiming to still have them in stock at retail. I ordrered one, we’ll see if I get it or not.

I snagged a discounted copy of the Brighter Days Ahead comp from a Warehouse return, I now get why a lot of you dig these. Really cool comp, great color ways, nice jacket, I dig it.

The quality of Colemine releases is top notch. Most are packaged in tip-ons (the exception being the Soul Slabs) and Gotta Groove Records does consistently nice pressings. It boils down to whether you like the music.

1618325094636.jpeg

View attachment 95461
Ordered.....they had me at ”sweet soul” and “falsetto.”

No email? What is this madness?

Back